Skip to content

Forum

Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] ESD - Requests

Page 21 / 29

(@occupant)

oh man.. too many things I'd like to request :D

I was just listening to "Blonde Redhead - This is not" and it sounds pretty easy..

But really I'd like to learn some Electrelane, anything from The Power Out album ('on parade' or 'enter laughing' would be amazing!), or 'To The East' on No Shouts, No Calls.. Which has a nice guitar part I think I could handle, I really like the subtle riff at the first "it could be home....it could be home..", you can barely hear it. :)

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

Hello Everyone. Long time no see!

What I'm looking for is....do you all know the tv show "Intervention" and at the very end when the person is going to the rehab center that guitar part that plays, the very beautiful finger picking? I want the tab for that I want to learn that. I have been trying to learn it on my own but am having trouble. I can't seem to get it to sound even close to being right. I really want to learn how to play this beautiful song. Does anyone even know the name of the song? or where I can find tab for it? thanks a bunch Guys!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I would greatly appreciate it if someone could post some playing notes (strum, timing, etc.) for Bob Dylan's Lay Lady Lay. As a beginner I still have trouble translating tabs into an actual song -- too much is missing and I don't have the experience yet to fill in the blanks.

Not really an easy song for beginners. First, there's a barre chord. More than that if you want, or depending on the version of TAB you find. Once you get around that, you've got to take an original recording that had drums, hand percussion, bass and some organ thing (not sure what they used) providing a huge portion of the music. Turning it into a one guitar arrangement may require going a little bit away from the studio strumming.

Then of course, good luck finding video on YouTube that is the same from one to the other. He plays it differently all the time.

I've taken this song's chords and added some, um, emphasis here and there. I apoligize for not being able to describe it in words and I don't have video equipment. A couple of things I do is that for each chord change, I play the first strum a touch longer than the rest, and the second strum a touch harder. Helps me get and project the feel of the song for me.
{t:LAY LADY LAY}
{st:Bob Dylan}

[G] [Bm] [F] [Am] [G] [Bm] [F] [Am]

[G]Lay, lady, [Bm]lay, [F]lay across my [Am]big brass bed[G][Bm][F][Am]
[D]Whatever colours you have [G]in your mind
[D]I'll show them to you [G]and you'll see them shine

Stay, lady, stay, stay with your man awhile
Until the break of day, let me see you make him smile
His clothes are dirty but his hands are clean
And you're the best thing that he's ever seen
Stay, lady, stay, stay with your man awhile

[Bm]Why wait any longer for the [D]world to [G]begin
[Bm]You can have your cake and eat [Am]it [G]too
[Bm]Why wait any longer for the [D]one you [G]love
When he's stan[Bm]ding in front of [Am]you

Lay, lady, lay, lay across my big brass bed
Stay, lady, stay, stay while the night is still ahead
I long to see you in the morning light
I long to reach for you in the night
Stay, lady, stay, stay while the night is still ahead

[G][Bm][F][Am][Bm][C][G]

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Roy - why don't you just cut and paste that tab and enter it into the database proper? It isn't in the index.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Roy - why don't you just cut and paste that tab and enter it into the database proper? It isn't in the index.....

Vic

Ummmm, Oh Yeah! I can do that.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

What I'm looking for is....do you all know the tv show "Intervention" and at the very end when the person is going to the rehab center that guitar part that plays, the very beautiful finger picking? I want the tab for that I want to learn that. I have been trying to learn it on my own but am having trouble. I can't seem to get it to sound even close to being right. I really want to learn how to play this beautiful song. Does anyone even know the name of the song? or where I can find tab for it? thanks a bunch Guys!

Nobody knows aye?

ReplyQuote
(@hartleys)

Has anyone got any Ron Wood tabs from his 'Gimme some neck' album? I have the tab for 'F.U.C. Her', but would love tabs for 'Buried Alive' and 'Lost and Lonely'. I thank you all in advance.

Too much beer is just enough

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous

does anybody have the tabs for Snowblind by Black Sabbath?

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member

It's a flipping huge ask, I know, but is there anybody here who's a big enough Andy Fairweather Low fan to have a go at figuring out what he's doing here for me?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/later/shows/series31/episode05/andyfairweatherlow/

Thanks.

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

Nobody knows aye?
OK now i know the song name and band. the band is "The Davenports" and the song is called "Five Steps"

ReplyQuote
(@dsus4)
Eminent Member

Hello Everyone!! So, I've been using this forum for quite awhile now, what a GREAT source and a GREAT idea for us guitar playing fools! Many songs I play I've gotten from here, and I've posted two of my own too. Now, I'm looking for something here, and I know this song isn't going to qualify as easy, but I've searched up and down for any tabs for the particular version I'm looking for but I just can't find anything anywhere. The song is "Trouble" by Coldplay. And the version I'm looking for is the acoustic piano version tabbed for guitar. Not the original version, but the live piano version they play. And for you guys who haven't heard that version, check it out, it's something else. If anyone would happen to have it or know where I can get it, I would greatly appreciate it. And for those of you who are good at tabbing (I'm terrible), if you wouldn't mind taking a listen and maybe putting something down, that would be appreciated even more.

Thanks!!!
Dsus4

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

dsus4, I've got a Guitar Pro tab of the piano part, but I don't know if it's the version that you are hunting down. I don't know the song. I can PM you an export output in text format if you like.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Nobody knows aye?
OK now i know the song name and band. the band is "The Davenports" and the song is called "Five Steps"

You definitely beat the panel with this one, Ginger! Looks like you'd probably have to buy the sheet music for this one - where, though, is the big question. I was bored last night, so I tried searching - tried a few combinations, but absolutely no results whatsoever!

Best of luck on your quest!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

Thanks Vic. I tried too. I never even heard of this group till very recently. Have you heard the song? If you haven't heard the song here is the link. click on this then scroll down it's 2nd album, last song called five steps you can click on it and listen to the entire song.

http://www.motherwest.com/thedavenports/music.html

I think Dhodge is going to try and help out on this one when he gets time. An I sure do appreciate it that david!! If you can. You don't have to but if you can I will be forever grateful of your help and time! And to anyone else thank you.

ReplyQuote
(@dragoonx)
Eminent Member

Hey guys! I wanted to make a small request ^^: (Well, hope its small)

Anyways I wanted to request "One" by Metallica. All I have is the main riff and thats not too hard to play ^^; Thank you for anyone thats willing to take this up =)

ReplyQuote
Page 21 / 29