Clear all

[Sticky] ESD - Requests

429 Posts
175 Users
0 Likes
19.2 K Views
(@rodders)
Noble Member

I just found, and been playing Nils' version of the Ben E King song "Stand by me". Somehow while playing this, a song from the 60's popped into my thoughts, and I can't remember who did it! I'm thinking Yardbirds or Turtles. It has a nice easy guitar intro that I've already figured out. As for the rest of the song, the lyrics start off "It's a hard world to get a break in, all the good things have been taken". Later on the chorus it go's "it's my life and I'll do what I want, it's my mind and I'll think what I want, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I also seem to remember a line "I'm gonna ride the serpent" or "I'm gonna ride the dragon". Thanx, Gary

Now I think it was The Animals.
Your right it is the Animals and the song is called "Its My Life"

Here is Quite an easy version http://www.tabpower.com/s777.html

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
 GWR
(@gwr)
Trusted Member

Thanx. I googled it like Big Lars suggested and found this. I only looked quickly, but they seem the same. Thanx agin, Gary

http://www.music-lyrics-chord.com/The_Animals/Chords/6038-It%27s_My_Life_Chords.html

G W Roach (Don't BUG me while I'm practicing!)

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

Trace Adkins ~ You're Gonna Miss This

Can Anybody help me out??

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

Thanks, what about the strum pattern?

ReplyQuote
(@isabelle)
Reputable Member

Not quite sure how easy this is, but could anyone tab this:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=31863820

(Band - Mono Song - Yearning)

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member

Thanks, what about the strum pattern?

Try a simple "Down-down up down"?

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

Thanks shady, will do!

ReplyQuote
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member

Does anyone konw the chords to play during the long solo? Main chord PATTERn i've got for the song is G/D/Em/F/C/Dsus4/d//Dsus4/d/Dsus4/d. I think it's some variation of the main chords but can not work it out.

G D Em F C Dsus4/d/Dsus4/d/Dsus4/d/
If i leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me

Like above for the main part of the song. Just unsure of the chords for the solo.

Thanks Mark

A knock back is the beginning of a comeback!!!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Most of the solo is played over a different riff - something like G, Bb and C. Been a while since I've played it, so I'd have to look it up, but basically that's it. The lead into it is something like this:

(F)Lord, (C)help me, I can't (D)cha-a-a-a-a-a-a-ange.....

(G)Lord, I (Bb)can't (C)change,
Won't you (G)fly-(Bb)y (C)Freebird,

Then just keep repeating the G Bb and C chords over and over and over and over again ad nauseam ad infinitum or until your hand drops off.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

+1 what Vic said. Just listen for the little strum pattern changes and make sure you barre the G and the C. IMHO, they sound a bit better than open for this.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

....and +1 what Roy said! Because it's easier to go from a barred G, at the third fret, to slide the same chord up three frets for the Bb, then a further two for the C, then down five back to the G.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@1ststeven)

Does anybody have a tab for Grateful Dead's Box of Rain. I'm an old Deadhead but a beginner guitarist so if you could tab real slooooow, it would be nice.

Thanks,
1StSteven

ReplyQuote
(@crate1)
Eminent Member

Anybody have a tab for Steve Earle's "Devils Right Hand"

ReplyQuote
(@kirkland)

If possible, I'd like to request "cherry, cherry" by Neil Diamond...seems like it's just open chords and strumming...

ReplyQuote
Page 24 / 29