Clear all

Need an easy song

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@blazedphool)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

My drummer and I are in a bind. Being both beginners , him with his drums, and me with my guitar. We try to find easy songs to play and practice. Currently our arsenal consists of mainly White Stripes, Ramones, and a few Pedro the lion songs. Basically songs where the guitar works quite simple with easy drum beats. Anyone have any suggestions of songs that might be worthwhile for us to learn that wouldn't be too difficult?

" We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." - Willy Wonka

(@rodders)
Noble Member

Should I Stay or Should I go "The Clash"

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

wonderful tonight - Clapton
knockin' on heavens door - various!

lots of songs on this database would be suitable. If you're a beginner look for songs with no barre chords.

have a trawl through, you are bound to find a few

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@gpeddino)
Trusted Member

Many REM songs are easy and soung good with guitar-drums, like Imitation Of Life, Everybody Hurts, Man On The Moon, Losing My Religion, etc.

Guilherme Eddino

Check out my music at:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/guilhermeeddino.htm

ReplyQuote
(@blazedphool)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

wow thanks alot guys...found some wonderful songs

" We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams." - Willy Wonka

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Blazed

one thing that i feel might help you and the drummer. Once you have a little selection of songs, try and get into the habit of writing the speed in bmp of the track on the music sheet. Let's say 80bpm for a song.

Then you can get a metronome or a backing click track for your drummer to play along to, making sure he is keeping time. You can then play "off" him.

Just a thought

Matt

ReplyQuote