(G)Feed animals (C)in the zoo
(F)Then later, a (Dm)movie too,
And then (E)home,

(Chorus)......

Oh (A)it's such a (D)perfect day,
(C#m)I'm glad I spent it with (D)you,
(A)Oh such a (E)perfect day,
You just (F#m)keep me (E)hanging (D)on,
You just (F#m)keep me (E)hanging (D)on.......

Just a perfect day,
Problems all left alone,
Weekenders on our own,
It's such fun,

Just a perfect day,
You made me forget myself,
I thought I was someone else,
Someone good,

Oh (A)it's such a (D)perfect day,
(C#m)I'm glad I spent it with (D)you,
(A)Oh such a (E)perfect day,
You just (F#m)keep me (E)hanging (D)on,
You just (F#m)keep me (E)hanging (D)on.......

(C#m)You're going to (G)reap just what you (D)sow,(A)
(repeat 3 times)

C#m/G/D/A

Heard this on the radio earlier, decided I'd have to have a go at it....it's in a weird key, so you may need a capo to play these chords......

Haven't actually got a copy of this to hand, so had to do it off the top of my head.......any problems, let me know........

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I have to say, I am utterly disappointed to the lack of resonse to the last couple of songs I posted.........maybe they weren't hits over there?

:( :( :(

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@arcmage)
Trusted Member

While I do love all your tabs and appreciate the effort, I must admit I don't know this one. I think the most popular or well known Lou Reed song in the states may be "Walk on the Wild Side". But I may be biased 'cause that's the only one that even comes to mind at the moment ;)

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

I have to say, I am utterly disappointed to the lack of resonse to the last couple of songs I posted.........maybe they weren't hits over there?

:( :( :(

I have to agree Vic, I like this song.

I've had no response to Crocodile Rock, maybe its because old Elton plays piano but its still a classic guitar type song. Unless its something else that everyone out there won't or can't tell us.

Best regards
Chris.

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

Yeah, we also generally hear more Velvet Underground than Lou Reed solo work, which I'm assuming this is. Wish I knew it, because I'd love to be able to play some of his songs.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Vic,

I know the song used to have the Lp, not one of my favs but a good song.

One of my favorite albums of all time was Rock & Roll Animal, that album rocked. I love the version of Sweet Jane on that album it rocks. The whole album is really good.

If you want to tab that version of Sweet Jane that would be awesome!

Chris

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

"If you want to tab that version of Sweet Jane that would be awesome!"

I wish........!!!

Is that the version with the very long guitar solo lead-in? - I learned Sweet Jane from the Mott the Hoople album, "All the Young Dudes"....side one track one......That one's fairly easy, D/A/G/Bm and D and G for the chorus......

One thing I do about that song, Sweet Jane that is.....it is absolutely the worst song in the history of recorded music to play and sing at the same time........!!!

(Goes off to check LP collection........)

:) :) :)

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Yea, that's the one. I never really liked the intro solo that much, but I loved the way it flowed into the main riff...it just sounded so cool to me back in the day. I would crank the stereo up as loud as I could and listen to that album over and over. I really loved all the guitar solos on that albumn.

The guitarist was a guy called Steve Hunter, I love the sound of his playing. I hear he played on Alice Cooper's school's out albumn.

I really like the guitar solo on the song Heroin from the same albumn.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@elvis)
Trusted Member

This is one of my favourite songs. Never really learned to play it on guitar though, so why not go ahead and do it now. Thanks alot Vic.

BTW I went to a Lou Reed concert about a month ago and it was absolutely fantastic. He played most of his biggest hits like Perfect Day, Sweet Jane, Walk on the Wild Side etc

ReplyQuote
(@elvis)
Trusted Member

I picked up a nice easy intro for this the other day:

E Am E Am
E|---0----------0--------0----------0-------|
B|---0----0---0-1--------0----0---0-1-------|
G|---1------1---2-2------1------1---2-2-----|
D|---2----------2---2----2----------2---2---|
A|---2----------0--------2----------0-------|
E|---0-------------------0------------------|

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Same here Vic. Its very much appreciate, esp to us newbies, when you guys post song in the Easy Song Database but its often that I dont know or have never even heard of the song. Which is this case. Please keep it up though. They dont go un-noticed.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@rik-anderson)
Estimable Member

Cheers Vic

We must listen to the same radio station, I heard it as well and thought it would good to be able to play it. As I have only been playing for a couple of months there is no way I could work out what chords to use, so thanks mate :D

The only thing that keeps me from realising my full potential is the depressing awareness that it wouldn't take much time or effort...

ReplyQuote
(@pamparius)
Estimable Member

Vic this is a great song, and it sounds nice on my guitar :)
And if I'm not wrong - they did that celebrity thingy with it a couple a years ago...?

Keep up the good posting, they won't pass through un-noticed! :D

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Personally I am not familiar with this song although if I heard it I might remember.
Don't think no response means it is not appreciated. I have noticed (being a member of several forums) that the members here on average are a quiet bunch.
If you really want to guage appreciation look at the number of views your threads get. These are people sitting down and playing the music you posted :D

ReplyQuote
(@jester)
Trusted Member

Vic, thanks for this--great song, and looks like it could be possible for a newbie.

I can't believe so many of you guys haven't heard this! Hasn't everyone seen Trainspotting? It's the song played over the scene where Renton overdoses--it's one of the best matches of song to scene in the movies.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2