Perfect Day - Lou Reed

Page 2 / 2

geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Hasn't everyone seen Trainspotting?

Heard of it... Never seen it.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@elvis)
Eminent Member

I think the song was written about heroin, though it may not be obvious from the lyrics. I heard that this song is now very popular at weddings so obviously people have different interpretations of it.

Anyways, I found a wonderful site about the music Lou Reed. Every song (in many versions) is tabbed for the guitar.

http://ww21.tiki.ne.jp/~wildside/index.html

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

While I do love all your tabs and appreciate the effort, I must admit I don't know this one. I think the most popular or well known Lou Reed song in the states may be "Walk on the Wild Side". But I may be biased 'cause that's the only one that even comes to mind at the moment ;)

I would have thought you'd have known this one as I believe it was on the flip side of "Walk on the wild side" and over here it got probably as much air play as the A side.

Nice job Vic !

Do you remember the BBC's video special with all the stars,,,, Bowie, Bono, Heather (what a voice) Small, etc, etc.

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I remember buying "Walk on the Wild Side" on my 15th - or was it 16h - birthday, but it's long since disappeared....along with the "Slade Alive" LP - but I'll be darned if I can remember what was on the b-side....

Bit of trivia for you - the guy who played that fab bass line on WOTWS was the same guy who co-wrote "Grandad" for Clive Dunn...he also played bass with Blue Mink and Sky...his name is Herbie Flowers.....

Walk On The Wild Side to Grandad....talk about the sublime to the ridiculous!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Here you are then Mr Trivia

A RCA 2303 Walk on the Wild Side
B RCA 2303 Perfect Day

Produced by David Bowie & Mick Ronson

Arranged by Lou Reed David Bowie & Mick Ronson (1972 AD)

LOL, just dug it out of the wardrobe

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@sald69)

I have to say, I am utterly disappointed to the lack of resonse to the last couple of songs I posted.........maybe they weren't hits over there?

:( :( :(lou reeds Transformer is brilliant can you try vicious

Just started on guitar in middle age

ReplyQuote
(@gazzariff)

Nice one Vic! Brilliant song Im off to try it out. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@geoff-h)
Eminent Member

Vic,

I know you posted this a while back, but can you remember how the strumming pattern went. I can't seem to get it. I'm a relative newbie, but love this song.

Much appreciated in advance.

Geoff

ReplyQuote
(@crazysaw)

Great song sure its about heroin use, celebrity version killed it for me for a few years, thanks again for a great Tab man,

ReplyQuote
(@cheesehead54)
Eminent Member

The fact that I have never heard this song before is one reason I love you guys. I go to you tube and listen and 90% of the time I learn the song. These songs are great. I had never heard this song or Mirage or For my Lady or etc...
The list would be too long to go on, but I would like to thank all of you who contribute. Not just for the guitar tab. For the music.

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Lou Reed was one of my favorites back in the 70's and I think alot of his songs are abut Herion, especially the one titled Heroin..Ha

If want to hear some great guitar players listen to Rock n Roll Animal from Lou. The two guitar players are awesome, they toured and played with Alice Cooper at the Time and wrote and recoded Train Kept a Rollin on the Aerosmith album because it was to hard for the guys from Aerosmith at the time. The version of Herion on that album is killer.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2