Skip to content
simple version HOTE...

Notifications
Clear all

simple version HOTEL CALIFORNIA (Eagles)

71 Posts
33 Users
0 Likes
(@terestron)
Eminent Member

Can anyone post a sound file of the intro...I cant seem to get the sound down..it would be much appreciated..thnx

ReplyQuote
 MCH
(@mch)
Trusted Member

Here's an intro I found very nice to do and sounds good. This sight has other very nice songs to learn.

http://www.guitartutoronline.com/

You have to click on Free Songs Access on the left. You'll see Hotel California and other's listed.

cheers

ReplyQuote
(@terestron)
Eminent Member

Actually I was hoping for a version based on the method they talk about in this thread....can anybody lay down a simple MP3 file of it...would be great...

Thanks for the link though..very good site....

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Something like this then..?

I haven't really played this song regularly for some years, but I think my intro corresponds more or less to the one Vic outlined above.

Chords
Bm 224432
F# 244322
A 002220
E 022100
G 320003
D x00232
Em 022000

This recording was somewhat hastily done, but you get the idea...
(Until I visited the page MCH suggested, I actually thought that the intro sounded OK this way - now I realise that a 12 string capoed on the 7th fret is the way to go... :-) )

Direct link to mp3 http://home.online.no/~carolbo/musikk/hotel.mp3

Lars

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@g-man64)

this is one of my favorite songs. only problem is I don't knowhow to use a capo. Please explain.

ReplyQuote
(@mattsback)

Well first off what is a capo?

Its simply a spring loading clamp that you place over the strings, and acts as a moveable nut, if you like.

Suggest you check out David Hodge's excellent article on capo use on this site.

So for this version of the song, simply get your capo and place it slightly behind the second fret of your guitar, and you're sorted.

Hi to anyone that remembers me, by the way. I used to be Mattguitar (and hence wrote this piece) but couldn't remember my password so I have re registered in my current name, Mattsback. I guess the old timers are still here (Vic, Wes)?
All the best to everyone that might remember me!

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

I remember you Matt,

Good to see you back mate, where you been fellow southpaw?

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Still here, Matt!

Why don't you try PM'ing Nick to see if he can reset your password?

Good to see this old thread keeps coming back out - must be very gratifying for you!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@mattsback)

Hi Guys!!!!! And happy Christmas to you both.

Not been anywhere really, other than adding a new member to my already large family !

Might just take up that suggestion about re-setting my password, thanks

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@redstrat)
Eminent Member

I HATE CAPOS.HA HA WHERES THE BEST TAB ETC. VERSION OF THIS SONG.I HAVEN'T PLAYED THIS IS YEARS.WANT TO PLAY IT ON KEYBOARD.I SAW A STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN IN EMINOR GEEZ.EVERYONE BUTCHERS GODZILLA PLAY THE F SHARP TWICE AT THE START.

ReplyQuote
(@megansman)

A minor rant... "she drives a mercedes benz" is wrong. The correct line is "She's got the Mercedes bends" as in the sickness divers get when they surface too quickly. Has something to do with compressed nitrogen in the joints -- very painful from what I'm told.

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5