39 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
10.3 K Views
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Yes I agree with posting sound sample's with the song. I don't know if you know, but I did the same thing with "Octopuses Garden" a few weeks ago.

It helps the explanation of strumming patterns. So much better if you can hear what the poster is talking about.
Yup, probably what gave me the idea to add it. Seemed easier than explaining the pattern.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@mjlukin)

Nils, great effort on the song. Having the sample to listen to was really good. Sounds great!

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

Hey Nils,

Yes I noticed the sample mp3 and it's great. I cannot always understand the D/DU/UDU, until I can hear and example. Video would be better, but an audio is great.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@laoch)
Estimable Member

I think all would agree that mp3 examples are very helpful. Not only for the proper up strums & down strums but also for the proper tempo. I often find that the tempo "in my head" is not the same as that on the original recording.

Thanks for the post with recording Nils!

"The details of my life are quite inconsequential." - Dr. Evil

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

I was wondering if anyone had noticed the strumming sample. I am just curious if everyone thought it is worth doing when the poster of a song has time to record something and put it us with the tab. I just thought it would be a good reference on the strumming pattern.

I think its a GREAT addition to the post. It makes the post more like a mini lesson than just a bit of tab or a chord sheet thrown down. I for one truly appreciate it. It is important to hear what it should sound like. Also we "oldsters" take it for granted that the youngsters know the songs of our youth. And vice versa.

Job well done.

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I think the I's have it. Worthwhile including sound clip for sure.

Thanks for the feedback.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@computermonkey)

Great post! This is the perfect song to practice basic chord changes and strumming.

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Great post! This is the perfect song to practice basic chord changes and strumming.
Thanks. That is why I posted it. Plus it is great to sing along with.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

Nils.

You **** - :lol: you have put us all to shame now and we'll all have to start doing sound clips on the ESD!!!

Seriously, i agree with everyone, its a nice addition and will help a lot when trying to sort out rhythm etc. I imagine the real beginners on here will really welcome it.

Nice touch, well done!!

Matt

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I think the sound clips are a great idea.....where are you all "hosting" them?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

that was my next question....!!!

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I think the sound clips are a great idea.....where are you all "hosting" them?

:D :D :D

Vic
Right now I just put them on my web site but that is not going to last long since I am starting to run out of space. Just that 30 second clip compressed was 500K. I either need to get off my butt and move to another service or upgrade this one anyway.

I actually broke down and got a Soundclick ID but they don't let you direct link to an mp3 unless you pay for the premium VIP service.

Anyone know a free service that allows direct linking of sound files?

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Try http://www.dmusic.com Thats where most of us put them up whilst playing on "guess the riff"

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Try http://www.dmusic.com Thats where most of us put them up whilst playing on "guess the riff"Thanks. I guess I will now break down and get an DMusic ID. I always avoided it because they ask too many questions. I guess that is the price of free.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

DMusic works the same way as Soundclick does. You can link to the artists page but you can't link directly to the mp3 unless you upgrade the service.

So, with either DMusic or Soundclick we can put the link to our artists page and tell the listener which clip to pick but no automatic playing of the clip.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3