Clear all

Talking Heads - Psycho Killer

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@argus)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Here's an easy one that I think would fit here nicely. It's a great guitar song, and one of the first ones I learned. I've tried to make it as simple as possible, but if there's anything you don't understand just ask me and I'll help you out.

"Psycho Killer"
4/4
About 60bpm (pretty slow, check your metronome)

Intro:
| Am | Am |

Bassline:

E:--5-5-5-5-5-5-5-0-3--

This spans one bar. The first 6 notes are 16th notes with a 16th note rest afterwards. The "5-0" at the end are both 16th notes, but not separated at all. The 3 is an 8th note long. If you don't know what all that means, listen to the song and figure out the rhythm, the notes are all there.

Verse:
| Am | Am | Am | Am |

Pretty simple. On the last 8th of every bar you can play a G, but it's not essential.

Chorus:

| F G | Am | F G | C |
| F G | Am | F G | C |
| F G |

Again, pretty simple. Where it has F and G in the same bar, you play both of those for half the bar. Remember that extra bar at the end there. It leads back into the verse (Am), and the...

Bridge:

| Bm | G | Bm | G |
| A | G | A | A |
| A | A |

The bridge leads straight back into the chorus.

Outro:

Am (repeated until fadeout). David Byrne plays an A major chord here on the live version (on Stop Making Sense) so you can do that if you want.

I don't have the song on the computer at the moment so this is about as detailed as it's going to get for now.

Have fun, and if you need help with it just ask.

(Oh, and I might be wrong about the bar length/bpm. If it's meant to be played at 120, make every bar twice as long. I don't think it is though, but it will sound exactly the same anyway.)

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Excellent, someone just gave me a burned CD with this on it and I wanted to play along with the CD.

Great timing.

I'll give it a try and then ask you all the dumb questions.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote