Clear all

Tragically Hip

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@tricountytrail)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone have or heard of any songs (Tabbed or Chords) for the Band Tragically Hip(from Canada)?
Looking for easy versions to play on a Acoustic.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction ...and sometimes a scar!

“Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever.”

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Nautical Disaster is pretty easy Em D G D ,Em D C D ect.. for more Google Tragically Hip tab. Or just go here : Tragically Hip Tab . Check out my signature at the bottom of this post.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@tricountytrail)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

So you must be in the CLean and Scrub Union.

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction ...and sometimes a scar!

“Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever.”

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

So you must be in the CLean and Scrub Union.

Yes it's true I'm good friends with Shamu and Bartholomew! Glad to see another Hipster!

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
 Narn
(@narn)
Estimable Member

Long live the Hip.

I'm a big fan of their older stuff. Some you might want to look up:

Fiddler's Green
Long Time Runnin'
Wheat Kings
Scared
Boot or Hearts
38 Years Old
Last American Exit

In fact the whole "Up to Here" album is full of good guitar tunes. For some of their more home player freindly songs you can also check ot the albums "The Tragically Hip", "Road Apples" and "Fully Completely". I didn't care for the direction their music took after "Day For Night", so someone else may be able to help you out with their new music.

"You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo, 1566

ReplyQuote
(@cain-bk)

tabcrawler.com has a lot of hip songs. Google tragically hip tabs and you'll get lots to

ReplyQuote
(@onebadskwerl)

I know this is an old topic, but can anyone provide a (rough) strum pattern for wheat kings? I just can't figure it out...

ReplyQuote
(@doobster)

On the G it goes dduu and Cadd9 goes d uuddu

Not sure about the chorus as I cant really play it :p

ReplyQuote
(@onebadskwerl)

On the G it goes dduu and Cadd9 goes d uuddu

Not sure about the chorus as I cant really play it :p

Thank you, I'll give it a try on my study break tonight :)

ReplyQuote
(@brent-cain)

just a little note for the people looking for strum patterns. I found it difficult at first allways looking for a pattern for a certain song. Now I just make sure that my timing is good and improvise on strums. patterns will come to you without having to think uddu du etc. Try different things and remeber to always keep your strumhand moving in time even if you have to miss a beat. Wheat kings is a great song but very difficult to keep the time and sing to the song. Ive only been playing for about 3 years and can just play it now and sing. Good luck

ReplyQuote