Notifications
Clear all

Travelling Wilburys - Handle me with Care

23 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@rigsy)
Eminent Member

Just wondering was that suggestion any use or did I get it wrong??

ReplyQuote
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

kinda strange tab notation - but I'd say youre suggesting G A B C which is definitely good! :-)

lars

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

ReplyQuote
(@rigsy)
Eminent Member

Yeah probably typed it out wrong Lars :oops:

Least ya knew what I meant thanks :D

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

I couldn't figure out this riff for the longest time until someone showed me a couple weeks ago. I agree with the above the chord should be a D/C (X20232) but there are 2 different riffs. For riff 2 try to form the C chord as quickly as possible. You can see the last note is part of chord. Perform these riffs throughout the song. The rest of the song is just the way Vic tabbed it out. The strumming pattern should just be a simple DUDU except at the end of the verse on the G chord DUDD.

Riff 1 Riff 2
E:--------------------- -------------------
B:--------------------- -------------------
G:--------------------- -------------------
D:------------0-------- -------------------
A:-----0--2------------ ----0--2--3------
E:--3------------------ -3-----------------

Riff 1
(D)Been (D/C)beat up and (G)battered around,
Riff 2
(D)Been (D/C)sent up and I've (G)been shot down,
(C)You're the best thing that (G)I've ever (Em)found,
DUDD
(C)Handle (D)me with (G)care.

ReplyQuote
(@clideguitar)
Reputable Member

with the above the chord should be a D/C (X20232)

Shame on me.... D/C (X30232)

BJ

ReplyQuote
(@lazlong)

Great song! I love the Wilburys!

That D/C chord is giving me fits, but it's just a matter of practice to get used to it.

Thanks for this one! :D

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

That D/C chord is giving me fits, but it's just a matter of practice to get used to it.

Don't know how you've tried it, so apologies if any of this is redundant advice -

Many people, especially those with short fingers, find it easier to make the D/C by putting a "mini-barre" or "half barre" on the high three strings at the second fret with the index finger. That allows you to keep your ring finger for the D note on the B string while using the middle finger for the C note in the bass.

Another thing some folks do is simply take the middle finger off the high E string and use it in the bass and not play the high E string when strumming.

Hope this helps.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@lazlong)

Don't know how you've tried it, so apologies if any of this is redundant advice -

Many people, especially those with short fingers, find it easier to make the D/C by putting a "mini-barre" or "half barre" on the high three strings at the second fret with the index finger. That allows you to keep your ring finger for the D note on the B string while using the middle finger for the C note in the bass.

Another thing some folks do is simply take the middle finger off the high E string and use it in the bass and not play the high E string when strumming.

Hope this helps.

Peace

Thanks, dhodge.

I normally play my open "D" with my middle finger on the G string, ring on the B string, and index on the high E. I've found it easier to make certain chord transitions this way, and I've wondered why no one suggests barring the G, B, and E strings for this simple chord.

It seemed that the most common fingering of the chord was the most difficult, (at least for me).

I really want to learn this song, as it's one of my all time favorites (even as old as I am).

I also want to thank you for your lessons on "Easy songs". I've seen many of the "easy songs" in tabs before, but they're not so easy without an explanation.

Some folks want nothing more than tabs. I need explanations and such, as tabs just don't do the whole trick for me.

Again, thanks for your articles, and thanks for your advice on this tricky little chord. I'll begin practicing the chord, and the progression immediately.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2