Clear all

[Sticky] Complete Idiot's Guide to Guitar Giveaway

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
10.9 K Views
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Even though The Complete Idiot's Guide to Playing Rock Guitar comes out Tuesday, March 2, my head (and much of my life, truth be told) is focused on finishing up the totally brand new Complete Idiot's Guide to Guitar which, should all go according to plan, will be off my desk by the end of March and in bookstores this coming October or November. And not to knock either the Bass book or the Rock Guitar book, but I think this latest one is my best work to date. And I'm thrilled that I've (hopefully) managed to talk our own Nick Torres into pitching in with vocals on the play-along CD that will accompany this next book. It's not everyday one gets to provide musical backup for such a great singer (and all around cool guy).

But since October and November is such a ways off, Paul and I wanted to come up with a way to help everyone pass the time between now and then and we've hit upon a very cool contest. We're calling it “Complete Idiot's Rock in the Free World,” mostly because I'm lousy at names! Here's how it works.

If you do buy a copy of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Playing Rock Guitar, take a picture of yourself with it ("it" being a copy of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Playing Rock Guitar) someplace. You don't have to have the Eiffel Tower or Mount Rushmore in the background, but be creative. And make sure we can see both you and the book!

Paul and I will select two photos a month, starting in August 2010 and running through all of 2011 and will send an autographed copy of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Guitar to those whose pictures we select.

So please send your photos to me at [email protected] and be sure to include an email address where you can be reached, as well as a mailing address. We're looking forward to seeing where in the world the books end up!

Best of luck to you!

Peace

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Really good and funny idea!

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I'm blushing.

I look forward to it.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Does creativeness count? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Nah, I'll behave.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote