Clear all

[Sticky] Complete Idiot's Guide to Playing Rock Guitar Giveaway #1

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
15.2 K Views
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

To celebrate the arrival of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Playing Rock Guitar in stores starting Tuesday, March 2, we're also giving away fifteen copies of it between now and the end of May – five copies each month. To enter this contest, you need to send me an email with the following information:

1) your name
2) your email address
3) your mailing address (and it doesn't matter where in the world you are)
4) the title of your favorite article at Guitar Noise
5) the name of your favorite rock guitarist

Please send only one email per person to me at [email protected] and put “CIG ROCK GUITAR” in the subject line.

Winners will be announced here and also on the News page of the Forums and in the Guitar Noise News on April 1, May 1 and June 1.

The best of luck to you all!

Peace

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I sent you all of my information! :D Thank you!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member

Sent

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229
Fender STD American Telecaster (Cola Red) - £849
Vox 15watt AMP (Valve pre amp) - £129
Acoustic/Electric Rhythm and Lead (Occasionally) Southport Elim Youth Band
Former Aftershock 24/7 Rhythm Guitarist (Band split)

ReplyQuote
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

The real question here is if I can wait until after the beginning of June for the chance of winning a free one, or do I cave in after losing the April 1st contest.

So David, I've become quite accustomed to using Amazon or Barnes and Noble. But, how does one go about purchasing an autographed copy of this book? 8)

I've been waiting for this one to come out. I've even asked about it. I do have to confess though, that this only caught my eye today. 20 days after it comes out. Meds are bad, m-kay! :oops:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Autographed copies are very easy to come by:

If you buy a copy and send it to me, I'll autograph it and send it back. Or you can buy a book directly from me and I'll send it to you autographed.

And there will be more giveaways for both of the new books. Paul and I are even thinking about doing a couple of "trifecta" giveaways (all three books - guitar, rock guitar and bass) for around the holiday season.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@wattsiepoops)
Reputable Member

Hi Guys, Long time no post for me.

But today i received my copy of this book that i won, autographed by the legend that is David Hodge.

Anyway, thank you, i'm glad i won a copy :D its much appreciated.

I haven't been postin since i recently moved from my parents house and have started a new job that is eating my time, hopefully i will be able to get on here more often.

Peace

David :)

David Watts
Takamine G-Series - £229
Fender STD American Telecaster (Cola Red) - £849
Vox 15watt AMP (Valve pre amp) - £129
Acoustic/Electric Rhythm and Lead (Occasionally) Southport Elim Youth Band
Former Aftershock 24/7 Rhythm Guitarist (Band split)

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Hi David

Glad to hear you got the book as I had some problems with a number of my shipping overseas winners. Hopefully they're all ending up in the right places now!

Please feel free to write me if you have any questions at all and also please let me know about any mistakes you find or corrections you think could be made. Either post here or PM me or email me directly at [email protected]

Congrats again!

Peace

ReplyQuote