Notifications
Clear all

Youtube question

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@juke-boy-bob)
Topic starter  

Is there a method, or any software available that will enable a person to save the Youtube videos to my hard drive?

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

There is a question of legality. Forgetting any obviously copyright material, from well-known people, like Clapton, you have the problem, that amateur video (e.g. of someone playing a piece of music) still has a copyright owner.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@usaf_chrisa)
Estimable Member

But there is, if you use firefox you can use the firefox video downloader add on. When the video fully loads just click download and save the file to you computer. Now if you even want to go further, you can convert that file into an MP4 and send it to iTunes and stash it on your video ipod (if you have one). It took me a while to figure out, you can ask me if you have any questions. also i realise that this is like 17 days after your post, so you might have already figured it out....

Top 3 albums of all time:
1. Abbey Road
2. Dark Side of the Moon
3. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

ReplyQuote
(@juke-boy-bob)
Topic starter  

Thanks, Chris. I'll try it. The one I've been using (I forget the name--"Vid" something-or-other) is a bit fiddly & I'm not really happy with it.

ReplyQuote
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

Do a Google Search for Youtube Downloader, lots of options available.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

But there is, if you use firefox you can use the firefox video downloader add on.

Bless you Chris!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@akflyingv)
Honorable Member

My brother just got one of those Zune things atleast I think that is what they're called. He'll be happy to know about this.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Thanks, Chris. I'll try it. The one I've been using (I forget the name--"Vid" something-or-other) is a bit fiddly & I'm not really happy with it.
http://KeepVid.com ? I can't imagine it being fiddly - just slap the URL of the page containing the video into the box, hit the button and it gives you a link to download. Works for every vid-sharing site I've heard of and plenty I haven't too :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote