Clear all

Analog Reverb

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@steve-0)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hey everybody, I was looking into getting both an E.Q and a reverb pedal for when I get my new amplifier and after deciding to get the Danelectro E.Q, I'm trying to look for a good reverb, but I'd like to stay away from digital reverbs (since it's a tube amp, it seems weird to use digital pedals). So I looked at two reverb pedals: The Danelectro corned beef reverb pedal and the Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail reverb. I haven't been able to try out or find any sound clips of the danelectro reverb pedal (I'd have to order it because the store I usaully go to doesn't have it), but I've listened to the Electro-Harmonix and it sounds quite good, I was just wondering if anyone knew if it was analog or digital (maybe I'm being too picky). The danelectro is alot cheaper than the Electro-Harmonix but the Danelectro seems limiting.

Basically I'd just like a half decent reverb, something that will thicken up my tone both clean and when in overdrive (I find that using slap back delay as reverb is just too jazzy for me to use all the time. Spring reverb would be nice for clean settings but I'm not sure how it would sound with distortion)

Steve-0

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Holy Grail is digital. I don't know if you can find a true analog reverb in a pedal format. Might be wrong.

Also take a look at the Line 6 Verbzilla, Tech21 Boost RVB (Tech21 makes high quality gear, imho), Digitech Digiverb, Marshall Reflector. :)

Another idea is to get a used Boss RV-3 which has reverb and delay; they get nice reviews.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, I'll probably try out the EHX pedal at a store. I think I now remember that the only way to get "true" reverb would be if I were to buy a reverb tank (I can order one for $50 U.S, plus shipping and other costs) and build a pedal to use with it.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

The only analog reverb unit I know of out there is this one:

'63 Fender Reverb

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Personal opinion, but I'd get this: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-VVERB-PRO-REV2496-Reverb-Modeling-Processor?sku=182490

Of the digital reverbs in this pricelass this one is by far the best and most versatile, IMHO. It ain't a pedal, but if space is no concern you might want to consider this one.

ReplyQuote
(@oenyaw)
Reputable Member

I recently aquired a Lexicon MX-200 processor.

http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-LEX-MX200.html

I figured that if I was going to spend $100+ on a reverb pedal, why not getting something that's worth it.

I also just happened to read a few articles to day on digital reverb

world.std.com/~griesngr/prctpro.pdf

do a google search on reverb, you will find alot of information.

Brain-cleansing music for brain-numbing times in a brain dead world
http://www.oenyaw.com

ReplyQuote