Skip to content
Anyone ever use the...

Notifications
Clear all

Anyone ever use the Guitarfetish MODboard effects?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

MODboard effects -

I wasn't aware they even existed...but they look pretty cool. Did a search & I see quite a few companies offer them. I am tempted to try out a couple... Of course, you are limited as to how many will fit in your guitar, but still a neat idea I guess, if you only have a need for one effect exclusively...

http://www.guitarfetish.com/MODboards_c_204.html

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I knew about some of them by reading the ads in guitar magazines. I never played a guitar with them. Although the Clapton's Strat could be in that group: one of the tone pots is really a booster.

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Well, I never read/buy the mags anymore, so I guess this one slipped by me, lol. Although I do remember some of the guitars as far back as the 60's that had something like this installed on them.

A friend had a big, heavy Ibanez from that time period (I think...) and it had a bank of rocker switches on it that would give different effects. Nothing as elaborate as these mod boards, but a similar thing, nonetheless.

Guess they are built small enough to fit it your "normal" sized guitar w/ room for the board/wiring & all that. The only thing I am concerned about is what if the dang thing fails in the middle of a gig. Then you are dead in the water, if there is no bypass avail. for it.

Maybe there is a bypass, I haven't had the time to research it far enough...

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Yes, you are right, it is an important issue. Probably they have a bypass or something like that. I don't know about guitars but, for example, some active basses have a bypass switch: if you are out of batteries or the preamp fails, you can turn the bass to passive mode and you can keep playing in the middle of the gig.

Anyway, it is a very interesting thing for some effects!

ReplyQuote