anyone here use this?

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/SM200.aspx

my old Boss SG-1 finally died and i found this on youtube. it sounds pretty amazing for under $30

#4491....

Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

I don't use it but it sounds pretty good in the Behringer demo. Under $30 you can't go wrong!

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

I havent used that one... But I have and use one of there Bluesdrivers. It realy sounds good, and to my ears at least, better then other brands I played. And for the price... hard to beat it.

BUT!! .... the case is a little on the cheesy plastic side. Im not sure it would stand up to much gigging, but will probably last a long time in home use.

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

Sorry to hear about the sg-1. Why they don't make that anymore I have no idea - they are super rare now. I doubt the behringer is going to replace the sg-1 but I know BYO has a clone available for around $75.

On a side note, the behringer VT999 (tube overdrive) is a very serious pedal especially with the available mod for it - its a simple one but I think Bitmo has the kit for $20 http://www.musicgoroundhoustonnorth.com/detail.aspx?id=1294744
Anybody interested in an inexpensive and worthy project for a true tone machine might want to check this out.

ReplyQuote
(@vanhalenwannabe)
Trusted Member

I haven't used that one but it looks like a great steal to me! Great price too.

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/SM200.aspx

my old Boss SG-1 finally died and i found this on youtube. it sounds pretty amazing for under $30

I'm still using the analog Maestro Envelope Modifier I bought in '73. It gives you the same sounds, with more control.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

BUT!! .... the case is a little on the cheesy plastic side. Im not sure it would stand up to much gigging, but will probably last a long time in home use.

I got one of their tremolo units since it sounded like the tremolo on the old Tuck 'n roll Kustoms. It's handled two years mounted on the pedalboard with no problems at all. I use one of those Boss peadalboards with a cover, so there's no plug/unplug action on the pedal itself, and the cover pads it and holds it secure.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

I got one of their tremolo units since it sounded like the tremolo on the old Tuck 'n roll Kustoms. It's handled two years mounted on the pedalboard with no problems at all. I use one of those Boss peadalboards with a cover, so there's no plug/unplug action on the pedal itself, and the cover pads it and holds it secure.

Nice to hear they hold up. For a home paying guy, they are the ticket for finding the effects you like

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

I don't use it but I have seen a demo of this and it's brilliant for the price.

ReplyQuote
(@jonylovet)

Hello all
I havent utilized that one... Yet I have and use one of there Bluesdrivers. It realy sounds great, and to my ears at any rate, preferred then different marks I played. Besides for the cost... tricky to decimate it.

ReplyQuote