Clear all

Behringer UT100 trem review

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@moonrider)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

As some of you might know, I'm a bit of a minimalist when it comes to my signal chain. My current "utility" setup is:

Guitar -> compressor -> overdrive -> analog delay -> tremolo -> amp

Last fall, I was finally fed up with my noisy, buzzy Line 6 Tap Tremolo, and went browsing around for a replacement. One of the ones I found was the Behringer UT100. I figured at $19 and free shipping that it was worth a shot, so I went ahead and ordered one. Once it arrived, and i verified that it was working as it should, on the pedalboard it went.

To be honest I had reservations about the flimsy feeling adjustment knobs holding up. They're called "stomp boxes" for a reason ya know, and you will miss on occasion when you're pedal dancing. After 6 months, nothing's damaged yet and it's been worked right hard since I added it.

Sonically, it's a very pleasing little beast. It will do a swampy throb a la CCR, and it will go all the way to stutter trem effects like you hear on Love Spit Love's cover of "How Soon is Now?"

So, if your looking for a "classic" effect that gets overlooked a lot, give one of these a try. it's a durable little pedal that's easy on the checkbook.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Very cool. I have one of the Behringer TS pedels. Thig sounds AWESOME, and cant beat the price!!!

Paul B

ReplyQuote