Clear all

Boss GT-10 Coming Soon!

37 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
12.9 K Views
(@jeffster1)
Reputable Member

I'd just like to report my purchase of the GT-10 tonight. I've been playing with it for 3 or 4 hours and man it's a lot better than I expected. The tone is great on most of the presets, and there are some really cool ones to play around with that I think is really going to enhance my songwriting ideas. I can't compare it with the GT-8 as I don't have one, however my friend does, so I'm going to let him be the judge.

Verdict so far: Worth every cent of $499.. Buy it if you can afford it.

Also, to comment on an earlier post, I can't compare it, but the GT-10 has an absolutely outstanding acoustic simulator.

ReplyQuote
(@mannydingo)

Yeah, I just got mine the day before yesterday and, what a coincidence with you, I just finished playing around with it for the first time. Time is so precious with work and kids. MInd you, that's being divorced and getting them 12 days a month. I got mine for $350 plus paying for the trip up an hour and fifteen minutes north. Child support no longer affords me the luxury of just going out and getting something brand new the way I got my GT-6. So far, sound-wise, I don't see loads in sound difference from the GT-6. That can change since I only had about an hour and a half with it. The obvious benefits is what I bought it for: Larger display, USB connection, Looper, Two Separate Sound Pathways, more memory, etc. In those aspects it's a much more powerful unit. I'm sure there's loads more but, as usual, the distortions I want are very elusive and require loads of tweaking which I HATE DOIING! Somebody had better make "both" a beautiful 1st album AND a beautiful 2nd album Boston sounding patch. I made a good-enough 1st album one on the GT-6 I owned but sold it without saving the patch. Yeah, what an idiot I was. Still, it had the dropout problem I mentioned earlier on this thread. I'm expecting that not to be a problem here. I'm surprised none of the factory presets came with the harmonizer effect on the GT-10. It's there, just not put on any of the preset patches.

ReplyQuote
(@jeffster1)
Reputable Member

If I remember correctly (I don't have the page in front of me) but I think the Rockin Man patch uses the harmonizer. You gotta hit the pedal to engage it though.

ReplyQuote
(@milko)

Hey all, Im new in these here parts, but am searching for some info.

I recently bought a gt-10 and im having some issues trying to make it sound like my gt-6

I setup a very basic patch with exactly the same settings, pre-amp clean twin with the identical bass,treble,no speaker sim, etc etc, and the gt6 sounds totally different (and way warmer). Im sure i've got a setting wrong, but I can't work out which one!

Anyone had any similar experiences?

Drew

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hi Milko, welcome to GN.

Do you still have the GT-6? It's my understanding that you can upload your patches to your PC and then through the use of some freeware, perhaps the Librarian, read it and load it onto your GT-10.

There's a fairly decent forum for the GTs. http://www.bossgtcentral.com/forum/

Good luck!

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@milko)

Hey there, thanks, I might try this out and see what happens.

I've gone over it a few times and it still doesnt make sense to me, all i want is an empty patch with the clean twin pre-amp.
Ive set the gain and level the same on both the gt6-gt10 - at 50 (although the gain on the gt6 goes to 100 and on the gt10 it goes to 120! - argh), ive got a bass setting of 61, mid of 42, treble of 40, presence of 30, bright off, gain in the middle, solo off, and speaker off, and the gt6 sounds 10x better, AGRH this isnt right.

Anywho thanks, if anyone knows for sure that the preamps are totally different or knows how to map them properly then from one model to another, dont be a stranger!

Drew

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Besides the gain and volume there's also the input volume. This is a system setting and is not inside a patch. If you didnt set the input volume to match your guitar things can get ugly. Either through excessive hiss, poor dynamics or clipping, depending on if you set it too low or too high. I also believe there are mutiple 'voicings' the twin inside the ampmodel menu.

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3