Clear all

Cheap wah pedal

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@zebco)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

2 songs im working on require a wah pedal ("Bulls on Parade" - Rage Against the Machine, and "Voodoo Child" - Jimi Hendrix)....Whats the cheapest wah pedal available? Im not looking for anything fancy, because I just need something for playing around the house.

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I think the cheapest is the Behringer Hell Babe.

I had one, for a while, but couldn't get on with the on/off switch, which is a shutter gate at the "full-up" pedal position (i.e at the heel end). This means that, when you switch it on, by moving out of the shutter gate, you suddenly go into full "bass" wah, rather than full "treble", as with most pedals. "full treble" is closest to where you are, when the wah is switched off.
It also means that, if you get too enthusiastic, and rock the pedal too far back, you switch it off.

Other than that, it is a nice wah. I would have kept mine, had it had a decent switch.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@zebco)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I found it for $30...cheap enough :D

Thanks for the help :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i have a hellbabe. you can adjust the sensitivity so it won't switch off for a second or two even in full heel back position. it's not a great wah, though. i use a teese rmc3 in front of my chain (found one on craigslist for 100 bucks), and put the hellbabe after the distortion for the synth-y sounds.

ReplyQuote