Notifications
Clear all

Effects order and Amp noise... Help T.T

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@qoo111)
Topic starter  

Hi. I am a begginer guitarist at my local church.
I have problem with my setup I gues..

My order is like this:
Fender Standard Stratocaster -> Boss TU2 -> Ibanez TS9 -> Boss DD6 -> Line6 DL4 -> Marshall MG4 Series MG30FX 30W

It gives me really loud noise when i turn on the amp. is it my setup problem or just my guitar is bad?

I bought Keeley modified Boss DS-1. Where shoud I put it the DS-1 (After TS9 or Before TS9)?
Would Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor do the job what I want?

Please help me.

(@ph0nage)
Reputable Member

So are you receiving a hum or white noise kind of sound? If so, I think a noise suppressor would be a good thing. Single coiled guitars such as strats generally have more background noise than instruments with humbucker pickups in them.

I have an ISP Decimator noise reduction pedal and love it. That would be my first recommendation, although it's probably more expensive than the boss one.

ReplyQuote
(@gabba-gabba-hey)
Reputable Member

Start by putting all the pedals aside, plug the guitar straight into the amp and see if you get the noise. If so, then you can figure out which one is causing it, by trying another guitar into the amp, or the same guitar into another amp. And try a different cable, too.

If the guitar and amp are quiet, then add back one pedal at a time to see which is causing the problem.

Just curious: why are you using two delay pedals?

ReplyQuote