Clear all

Fender FM100H - PC

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jprod)
Topic starter  

Hello,

Im kinda fresh on this subject, i have a borrowed Fender FM100H amp. and it has a "Pre-out" and a "Pwr-In" jacks, and i'm not sure what they'r for.
I just know that we can connect multiple amps with the "pre-out" jack.

Now, can i connect my PC ( with a mp3 backing track playin.., for instance) to the amp, throu the "PWR-In"Jack? - The idea is to play the guitar over the backing track in the amp.

I'm not sure if this is possible, can you please help me?

Thanks in advance,
Pedro R.

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Hello,

Im kinda fresh on this subject, i have a borrowed Fender FM100H amp. and it has a "Pre-out" and a "Pwr-In" jacks, and i'm not sure what they'r for.
I just know that we can connect multiple amps with the "pre-out" jack.

Now, can i connect my PC ( with a mp3 backing track playin.., for instance) to the amp, throu the "PWR-In"Jack? - The idea is to play the guitar over the backing track in the amp.

I'm not sure if this is possible, can you please help me?

Pedro R.

The PWR-IN jack is designed to accept LINE level signals returned from an FX pedal or an other amp's Preamp output. As long as the levels don't exceed line levels you should be fine.

HOWEVER, any type of speaker output will be far more input power than this input was designed to handle. You should be OK running an iPod or other headphone output set to low volumes into the Pwr-in, just keep the setting on the iPod at half volume or less.

Edit: Here's a link to the manual for that amp. http://support.fender.com/manuals/guitar_amplifiers/FM_100H_manual.pdf

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote