Clear all

FX Send /return explained

17 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
81.2 K Views
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Hi moonrider point taken, I was not having a go at anybody ..far from it!

As I was saying, Its very very hard to find somebody who knows a alot more than myself who is willing to take the time to answer the most stupid obvious questions and not laugh and gets asked maybe gets asked them again, and it is even harder to find a person who can really cares about the passsing of experience and knowledge with patience and understanding. But one thing I have learned for sure ...I am never gonna get a friggin DIAGRAM!!! can somebody please take up Art!

Also your advice on best pickups for a ES 135 2002 model Gibson..to play Rock/Jazz ..they are using some asian pickups at the moment SAR' models

cistec
Good, we're starting to understand each other!. Since you are transitioning from acoustic to electric guitars, I'm going to give you some more general advice. Keep It Simple and Straightforward. Start with nothing but guitar and amp, and play with the channels and controls until you understand how each knob affects the sound. Then set each channel for the sound you want. After that, plug the hendrix pedal (nothing else!) between the guitar and amp, and play with it until you understand what it does. Do the same with the Clapton pedal. The hendrix and clapton pedals are intended to be used this way.

That GSP 1101 is a different beast entirely. It's an amp modeler and multi FX unit intended to replace an actual amp for recording or live performance. You'll probably get the best results running it direct into the power stage of your amp. For you that means a patch cable from the Left/Mono line out to the Return of FX loop A

All the specs from Gibson state that the Gibson USA ES-135 2002 model uses Gibson PAF humbuckers. Are you sure that's a Gibson? You should be able to see the Gibson USA sticker through one of the F holes.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@bloos66)
Reputable Member

As I was saying, Its very very hard to find somebody who knows a alot more than myself who is willing to take the time to answer the most stupid obvious questions and not laugh and gets asked maybe gets asked them again, and it is even harder to find a person who can really cares about the passsing of experience and knowledge with patience and understanding. But one thing I have learned for sure ...I am never gonna get a friggin DIAGRAM!!! can somebody please take up Art!

Hi cistec, I am lost with you - I spent quite a bit of time looking things up for you (google is your friend), and all my links contain various diagrams that show the effects loop and where to plug your equipment in. I doubt that anybody else would draw something different.

Why don't you read the information, get creative and draw it up the way you understand it and post it for review. Come on, you can do it...

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2