Notifications
Clear all

help with a wiring digram

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@op117)
Topic starter  

i just got a cs 327 stage guitar from Arlington TX, and i got it back from the shop and they wrecked my guitar i just finished unsodering the paper clips :cry: .... and need a real diagram so i can do it and do it right here is pics of specs inside ect. or just post and help please. i just stared out and this is my only guitar, it's a nice one to. also im not tkaing to any shop. this will be nice DIY project.
{ my back ground computer engineer and robotics.}

[the guitar has 2 humming buckers / 1 volume / 1 tone / ans 2 switches, that flip one way or the other]

also any info about this guitar wood be nice i cant find any thing :oops: ...

fell free to pm me about computer questions, it's the best way i can help the community for helping me. :wink:

(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

I don't think those were paper clips, but bus wire. It looks like you have a basic volume/ tone circuit, so what are the two switches meant to do? This should be pretty easy. No worries.

ReplyQuote
(@op117)
Topic starter  

im new to playing guitar and my friend [plays for a band] sad for pick up selection, and sound change. but he has never seen 2 different switches, only 2 way, 3,5 ect. but not two 2 ways.

ReplyQuote
(@imalone)
Reputable Member

Are you sure it's a stage CS-327? I googled them and the 327 looks like a standard strat-copy (5-way selector and 3 single coils), did see some pictures of another model with a bridge humbucker, two singles, two switches and three pots. It's possible someone has customised it if you've got it second hand. Typically two pickups would mean a three-way switch, maybe the intention was to have a separate toggle for each pickup?

I'll post this link http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/wiring-diagrams/ but it looks like an odd enough setup that I don't think you'll find anything directly applicable there. You can see how the tone and volume should work though.

If you didn't want to do a separate toggle for each pickup you could swap one of the dpdt switches (I'm assuming that's what they are) for a three way switch and then use the other switch for ... something. Maybe series/parallel, phase, or coil split if the pickups have the necessary wires.

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

So I guess - you need to read up and play some guitars and decide what you want them to do - then I can help you.

ReplyQuote
(@imalone)
Reputable Member

Like Ezra says, there are different ways of wiring things up, so no one answer here. However, does the guitar work plugged into an amp? If no then we could suggest something simple to get it working, otherwise think about whether you're happy with what it's doing. I think the most basic level here would be being able to use one or the other pickups.

Just discovered SD also has a blog, which might make for useful reading:
http://www.seymourduncan.com/blog/the-tone-garage/guitar-wiring-103/
(That's just the most relevant post, also try searching it for guitar wiring.)

ReplyQuote