Notifications
Clear all

help with loop pedal outputs!!!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@alaydu)
Topic starter  

hi there, im new to this forum so hello guitar shredders!

i write a lot of music using a loop pedal and as the loops build up they begin to sound a bit crowded coming through one speaker. i have a few guitar amps i could use for multiple outputs but i have no bloomin' clue on how to connect them to my loop pedal, my friend says something about a line selector but i don't know!

if anyone could help i will muchly love you big time. thank you and i look forward to your replies

alex x

(@clazon)
Honorable Member

What it sounds liek you're describing, is that as you add more layers, each increases the output volume of your loop pedal and this inturn begins to increase the input volume into your one speaker (amp?) which distorts or muddies the sound when it comes out?

If this is right. Then I'm not sure a line selector will help.

I mean, if you have a more powerful amp that will naturally start breaking up at a higher input/output volume then you can try using that. However, surely a loop pedal with an output volume knob would balance all layers so that no matter whether you have 2 or 20 they come out at the same volume? But maybe they don't (I've never used one).

My only other suggestion is, play the cleaner stuff/the base through the looper and then use one of the other amps for your over the top lead guitar (no connection between the two circuits).

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

ReplyQuote