Clear all

Keeley Pedal Mods

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone here had any experience with the pedal mods by Robert Keeley?

I'm thinking of sending my Boss DS-1 (Distortion) to him for modification and/or maybe purchasing the Boss BD-2 (Blues Driver) from him. Are the mods worth the money? If they are, will the differences between the DS-1 mod and the BD-2 Mod be worth having both or would you suggest just getting one?

Thanks!

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

(@flashback)
Reputable Member

The DS-1 is a distortion unit, while the BD-2 unit is an overdrive (very TS808 like). Keeley has some great pedals I use the set of his two modded TS9s (Plus Mod, and Baked Mod, think SRV). I also have one of his delay pedals which is also very well modded.

I would definitly suggest sending your Ds-1 in and the BD-2 isnt a bad decision either. And the thing is with his pedals is you can sell them back on ebay for the same price you got them for if you dont like them.

So yes, go for it! Keeley and Analog Man are two great companies for pedal modification and I would recommend them to anyone.

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Flashback!

I think I will send the DS-1 to him. It's not a bad pedal, but to be honest I end up setting the levels so low because I don't like the sounds it produces at higher gain settings. I'm hoping that the Keeley mod will help there.

I use my Ibanez TS-7 the most, and if the modded BD-2 is better, I'd probably love it.

Does he make them true bypass as well?

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@flashback)
Reputable Member

Yea, he has the option to make them true bypass I believe.

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

ReplyQuote