Clear all

Microphonic Distortion/Overdrive pedal?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

A friend just gave me a Boss OS2 Distortiom/Overdrive pedal and it seems to sqeal really bad after a second or two could it be my placement I.E. to close to the amp, maybe my settings? I'm using it on a solid state amp. Any suggestions?

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

Could it be old batteries?

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

You're talkin' feedback right? You're probably too close to your amp. What amp are you using? is it a small practice amp? I want a decent feedback generator. hehe. Pretty tough to emulate with plugins. At any rate, you can use an eq pedal to notch out the feedback but it could be a detriment to your tone. You could also use a noise gate to prevent the feedback from starting in the first place. You will still be able to induce feedback while playing but it should prevent feedback from happening while you're not playing.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Ithink I fixed it by taking it out of the effects loop and running it inline with the guitar and EQ like this:

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote