Clear all

Pandora PX4D

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

This might belong in the amp forum, but its not really an amp, so....

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Toneworks-Pandora-PX4D-Personal-MultiEffect-Processor?sku=152176

I was looking into a drum machine, but after another thred involving the Pandora PX4D, I thought I might get more bang for my buck by getting one of those, since you can emulate high volume playing (I may just get an attentuator and use that). Can anyone tell me if the Pandora offers a programmable drum machine? It says you can program " built in rythym and bass patterns" while in the phrase trainer mode, but can you do it that in regular operation mode as well? What I mean is, do you have to have the external audio (CD., MP3, etc) as a source in order to trigger the ability to use drums, bass, etc. or is there an onboard drum kit that you can set a to a certain tempo and practice to? I think there is, but it is a bit unclear and MF.com didn't respond to my email...

I'm just basically looking for a more fun replacement for my metronome, hence the drum machine idea, but if the pandora offers that in addition to the other features, perhaps that is a better deal....on the other hand, playing through headphones all the time when I want drums wouldn't be the greatest either...

Thanks all,
Matt

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I have an older version of this one that I purchased from Mitch, (slejhamer), and yes, it does have programable drums & bass that you can use to practice along to or make songs. Here is one that I did with just my Les Paul & the ToneWorks:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=484876&songID=3663516

Pretty nice little units, and good tones on most settings. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@obstructionist)

I just bought one of these, it's lots of fun so far. Must not let all the sounds distract me from actual guitar practice! :-)

Note that you don't have to use headphones -- you can sent the output from the Pandora the the input of another amp.

ReplyQuote