Pedal Tuner Question

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hello good people...

I'm looking to pick up a pedal tuner... the three popular ones that I see out in cyber-space seem to be:

Behringer TU300 ($25 - $40)
Fender PT-10 / 100 ($30 - $50)
Planet Waves PWCT04 ($70 - $90)

Any of you have experience with these products? There is a big price difference betwen the Behringer and the PW one... any reason? Any suggestions? Thanks!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Not familiar with the Planet Waves tuner, but the other guitarist in my band uses the Fender. It works, but I like my Boss TU2 better.

I am a big fan of Behringer products, I have not had problems with them at all. Just like any other company that makes pedals, some are great, some are so-so, and some are poor. That is true with any company. As for cost, they are made of plastic so they are not as durable as Boss pedals for instance. And they are assembled in China, so this is the reason for the low cost.

I have 4 Behringer pedals, the TO800 Vintage Overdrive (outstanding), the DR100 Digital Reverb (not too bad really), the CS100 Compressor/Sustainer (very good), and UC100 Chorus (good). In my opinion they sound everybit as good as models by Boss, Digitech, Danelectro, etc....

I use mine everyday and they work perfectly fine, no issues whatsoever.

People always think low cost means inferior. Truth is, the components in the most expensive pedals can be bought for just a few dollars. A resistor is a resistor. :roll:

It is usually the housing that is better quality. And the name. Folks spend BIG bucks for a name, you can often get a pedal that is everybit as good at much better cost if you are not hung up on the name.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

FYI - I bought a Fender PT-10 for like $25 and it works very well. Solid metal casing as well. A good option.

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote