Skip to content
Personal opinions o...

Notifications
Clear all

Personal opinions on two multi effects boards..

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@myers570)
Topic starter  

Hey all, I am looking for a new multi effects board since I will be starting to get back into the 'band/gig' scene. I had 2 that caught my eye that I love the variety and quality I see. I was wondering if you can all give me a hand? :)

http://line6.com/podx3live/
This is my first choice, I love the update function that can fix potential problems that can occur with the firmware. And I see that line 6 pods are getting solid reviews.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-M13-Stompbox-Modeler-Guitar-Multi-Effects-Pedal?sku=482675&CJAID=10381297&CJPID=2502662
This is my second choice, I fell in love with this pedal due to seeing Dustin Kensrue from Thrice using it when I saw them this past Tuesday.

I play anything really, hardcore, metal, classical, rock, anything really. I'd love to center my sound around Thrice's 'Beggars' album. Any input or help will be awesome and I appreciate everyones time. Have a good day all :)

(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Wow, they're both Line 6. The second one might please you more? Good luck! :D

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

ReplyQuote
(@kopfschmerzen)
Trusted Member

Hey all, I am looking for a new multi effects board since I will be starting to get back into the 'band/gig' scene. I had 2 that caught my eye that I love the variety and quality I see. I was wondering if you can all give me a hand? :)

What you choose should depend on what you need :) The devices you pointed are actually very different. The first one, X3, is a full stack modelling processor - so you plug your guitar into IN, your headphones (or a mixer) into OUT and you are ready to jam. The second one, M13, models only a pedalboard full of effects, so you still need an amp/cab to play. If you need to model full stack, M13 will not work for you. But if you definitely don't need amp modelling, don't pay extra for X3's capabilities you won't use.

ReplyQuote