Pocket Pod

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
greg232
(@greg232)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I just received a pocket pod form line 6 for my birthday. How do I use this thing? Can I hook it up to an amp? What amp would be best for this?? My amps were recently stolen with all but one of my guitars. I was given this to keep practicing with headphones. I do miss having an amp, can this be hooked up to one. Any help would be great.

Nuno
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congrats on the new toy! :D
You can use it with and without an amp, using headphones.

ReplyQuote
mmoncur
(@mmoncur)
Estimable Member

There's an "Amp Out" port for just that purpose. I suspect it would work great with a Roland Micro Cube or similar. I have my Amp Out hooked to a mixer input and the mixer to a pair of active monitors, and that works great too.

There are a couple of different EQ settings for the Amp Out - be sure to check the manual and set that up for the best sound.

It works very well with headphone, and at least "sounds" like you have an amp...

ReplyQuote
Darth Ordinary
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

Anyone ever used a bass with one of these? I was thinking of getting a bass v-amp so I have a desktop modeller/PC recording tool/headphone amp but want to play guitar and bass through it. Like the look of the pocket pod and the fact it runs on batteries and can be clipped to a strap.

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

ReplyQuote
Ignar Hillström
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

The last thing you'll want is a cube amp, or any other modeler. The pocket pod is full-fledged modeler that only needs neutral amplification. Anything will work really, just use it as a preamp and dont use a second preamp if you go for a combo.

ReplyQuote
mmoncur
(@mmoncur)
Estimable Member

Darth: I haven't hooked my bass up to the pocket pod yet (I'll have to tune it first!) but there is an entire "BASS" section in the presets, so I'm assuming it will work pretty well.

ReplyQuote
gnease
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

The last thing you'll want is a cube amp, or any other modeler. The pocket pod is full-fledged modeler that only needs neutral amplification. Anything will work really, just use it as a preamp and dont use a second preamp if you go for a combo.
The Cube's "JC Clean" channel or AUX IN will work for this.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
mark-taylor
(@mark-taylor)
Estimable Member

I really, really, really want one of those. :mrgreen:

You can ride a Yamaha, or play a Yamaha, it is up to you.

ReplyQuote