Notifications
Clear all

question regarding effects pedals

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@joshua-a)
Topic starter  

I have a couple of ideas that I'm going to try for this but was sure there had to be an official way of doing this.

Is there a single pedal that can be used to trigger or turn on and off multiple pedals?
For example, if I want both my delay and distortion to kick in at the same time it is difficult to stomp both pedals, I would rather stomp one pedal to have access to those 2 effects.

Thanks in advance and if anyone can recommend a brand/model that would be great.

Josh

(@joshua-a)
Topic starter  

Maybe the Boss LS-2?

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Yes, the LS-2 looks like it could do something similar to what you want.
There are other products that can also do what you want at greater or lower levels of flexibility (and cost).

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I've never owned one, but don't many people use MIDI pedalboards to do this?

Behringer MIDI Footcontroller

I didn't choose this Behringer model for any particular reason, it popped up first at Musician's Friend. :D

I know some people will line up their pedals so they can step on two at once.

This is the advantage of multi-efx pedals, you can store presets with combinations of effects, just press a footswitch and go to another configuration.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

I've never owned one, but don't many people use MIDI pedalboards to do this?

Behringer MIDI Footcontroller

I didn't choose this Behringer model for any particular reason, it popped up first at Musician's Friend. :D

I know some people will line up their pedals so they can step on two at once.

This is the advantage of multi-efx pedals, you can store presets with combinations of effects, just press a footswitch and go to another configuration.
That Behringer is a good choice if your effects are MIDI controllable.
It is well regarded as a floorboard for the V-amp series (and also allows a couple of parameters to be adjusted on the fly VIA the expression pedals)

If Josua has MIDI effects, that would be what he's looking for (and probably a bit overkill).
But I interpreted his question as looking for a way to cut in and out multiple stomp box-type effects in one motion. Something like this, though it's probably somewhat overkill, too.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@joshua-a)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the replies, I am now sure that what I'm looking for is the Boss LS-2.

It's really not overkill because I dont really rely on stomp boxes but there are times that I do like to use more than one pedal at the same time. To be able to pedal in both at the same time smoothly is important especially in a live scenario. I'm not a big fan of Berringer so I most likely wont go that route but I do appreciate the info.

I also kind of dispise multi effects...right or wrong, I just have experienced multi fx pedals to be noisy, complicated and a bit annoying. I love Boss pedals, I've used them for years and they've never let me down..ever.

Anyways, I googled my way to this board to ask this particular question and plan to stick around. I have a little knowledge to share myself so hopefully I can help others figuer some things out too.

Thanks
Josh

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

That Boss LS-2 looks versatile, but so does this
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Radial-BigShot-EFX-Effects-Loop?sku=153937
I think either would be good. The Boss would also be good to power other pedals.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote