Clear all

Seeking footswitch recommendations

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@iraesq)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I have the Vox AD30VT modeling amp, which I really like, but I need a footswitch. I've read some recommendations for the Vox VFS2 footswitch (it switches between the 2 programmable channels and can bypass the effect settings). I was curious if anyone either (a) has had problems with that switch; or (b) has a recommendation for another switch that they think will work better with my amp.

Thanks in advance.

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Most reviews say it's really heavy-duty, made of metal and reliable. The problem people talk about is the 8ft cord being too short to place far away from the amp, but others say to just get an extension.

It looks like it's pretty specific to the way Vox wires their amps, so you might want to just stick with what works.

ReplyQuote
(@jtb226)
Estimable Member

i have the ad30vt as well and got the vox footswitch. it is really well made, but like demo said, the cord isn't very long. i just use it for a practice amp, so it doesn't really matter to me, but if you wanted to gig with it, you'd have to get an extension.

"Heavy decibels are playing on my guitar
We got vibrations comin' up from the floor
We're just listenin' to the rock
That's givin' too much noise....
Rock and roll ain't noise pollution"
~AC/DC

ReplyQuote
 MCH
(@mch)
Trusted Member

I made a footswitch for my Vox AD30. It's really quite simple. I think I got the original idea and wiring from Patchtronix.com. All you need is a stereo 1/4 jack plug, 2 foot push buttons and some 3 wire lamp cord. Ground to each switch and then to the ground of the plug. Hotwire from each switch to a hot of the plug (2 hots). When you plug it in you'll find out which switch operates the 2 choices; effects (off/on) or channel switching. Very cheap and easy to make. Oh yeah you have to make or have a box to house the switches (old pedal box?)

ReplyQuote
(@iraesq)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks, but I'm not that handy and the footswitch is only $25. That's a lot of effort to save a few dollars, and I'd screw it up, anyway.

ReplyQuote