Skip to content
stereo guitar rig s...

Notifications
Clear all

stereo guitar rig setup with looper questions...

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@guitardude232)
Topic starter  

Hi there guys...i have a few questions. Im playing two amps and two cabs together with one guitar via an a/b box. It goes like this...Im plugging my guitar into a line 6 m9, having left go to my 5150 directly, and the right input go into a volume pedal, into a looper, into the next amp. The scenario is that im the only guitarist in the band, and im going to be playing most of the guitar parts thru both amps in a "stereo" situation, and i plan on rocking the volume pedal back to kill the sound out of the second amp, turning the looper on so that i can play ambient and secondary guitar loops thru the second amp and play staccato type rhythms thru the first amp. I hope this makes sense. I recorded loops, ambient noise, and sub drops onto my digitech jamman...it matters if amp two is on clean or distortion since the looper is plugged in...and it makes the loop either clean or distorted. First question: How do i play loops and make them come out clean, but the amps channel is distorted...so i don't have to switch to clean and switch back quickly, which becomes hard to do in a live on the spot situation. Can i get something like a line 6 spider 3 or 4 where there is a cd out and that will bypass whatever channel im on? (im not sure if it even does that) What if i plug it thru the fx loop? Or, if i plug a dist pedal AFTER the loop but leave the amp on clean...i think that will work? Is there anyway to do this? I don't have my gear with me, and i don't own a second capable amp yet to try this out. Something tells me this is impossible...either the amp is clean or distorted...if i play the loop thru with the drive channel lit, my loop will be distored...but that seems to only be the case if i run the looper into the front input, not a cd or fx loop input. While typing this..this popped in my head. If were to run the looper thru a cd input, have the amp on clean, but run a distortion pedal with the loop not in that chain...its SEEMS like it would work. Idk, im stumped.

Is there a better way to do this kind of setup then what i have above? It seems pretty efficient and it is simple...which i like.

another question that is less of my focus: I own a line 6 lowdown 750 that i may use for the second amp...is it ok to plug a guitar cab into a bass amp and do this above setup?

(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

I don't know much about looping, so I'll leave that for someone else
.is it ok to plug a guitar cab into a bass amp and do this above setup?

Yes.
It's an amplified guitar sound, right?
As long as the amp and cab wattage ratings are compatible (speaker equal or higher wattage capability than the amp) then you have no worries.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote