Clear all

Suggestions, Guys

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@svartingr)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I'm looking for some suggestions for some cheap (as in between 25-50) effects pedals, preferably distortion or wah wah. My amp has chorus, reverb, and overdrive. I can do distortion on my amp, but can't switch it on and off on the fly.

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks.

(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

What kind of genre's are you looking to play, because that will have a lot to do with what we suggest to you.

For Wah-Wah, the cheapest thing I would recommend would be a Dunlop Crybaby, but those start at around 70.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@svartingr)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I'll pretty much play anything. For now, I just want a good "starter" pedal as it would be my first one.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I can recommend the behringer wah pedal for E40,- if you prefer this kind of optical wah. If you want one in fixed position the dunlop would be a nice choice.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

The Digitech Bad Monkey is a great overdrive type pedal. Not harsh, replactes tube overdrive real well.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Check out Arion's pedals. I have the "tubulator", and it's very good, (actually have two! 8) ), and MusiciansFriend has them at next to nothing prices right now.

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote