Clear all

The Gear fairy has visited.

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

As well as the bargain Ibanez Rd300 I acquired last week (still very lovely thanks) I went out having a snoop about at the weekend and now am the proud owner of a Line 6 Toneport GX and a Vox Cooltron 'Big Ben' OD pedal 8) 8)

This should keep the GAS at bay for a day or 2 (or perhaps not...Im sure there are fellow sufferers of the GAS desire vs financial demands equation who will agree). Was up until the small hours playing with the toneport - what a superb piece of kit that is!! The Vox pedal is superb too and sounds great with my Vox AD30 amp. Reviews etc in the various forums in due course. For now, I have noise to make :twisted:

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Sounds like you're having fun.

'Bout time you dragged your behind back into the world and got some serious jamming done, innit?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Im getting there Vic - only off today because of 'pressing business' and had to take my son to hospital this morning. I'm still trying to pin down a venue for a burtonwood jam night. I shall call soon (though working late AGAIN rest of week)

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Whew! You had me worried about The Gear Fairy. Thought she might take a piece of gear and leave a quarter.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Whew! You had me worried about The Gear Fairy. Thought she might take a piece of gear and leave a quarter.

A quarter? Sheesh, you guys are getting away with it cheap! Over here the going rate's £1 - near enough $2.

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@nirvgas)
Estimable Member

I hear the guitar fairy wears an AC/DC t-shirt and old, torn up jeans. :lol: Probably has the 80's rock band hair too!

Life is my friend
Rake it up to take it in
Wrap me in your cinnamon
Especially in Michigan
...well I could be your friend- RHCP

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I hear the guitar fairy wears an AC/DC t-shirt and old, torn up jeans. :lol: Probably has the 80's rock band hair too!

OY! I've got the AC/DC shirt - got the 80's hair (well actually it's more 70's...!) but I refuse to wear ripped jeans.....

Vic

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

Maybe it's a "Bizarro" gear Fairie. You know, leave gear for cash instead of take your gear and cash. So hopefully, the UPS or Fed-ex Fairie will be here for me Friday or Saturday. I got some couplers, a Boss TU-2, Boss FS-6 and some connector cables to use the FS-6 with my Boss Me-50 and my Roland Cube 30 bass amp. I have put together a pedal board and needed a few final touches to "finish" it up.

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote