Clear all

wah pedal

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@scottish-nutter)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

iv been thinking about getting a new wah as i dont like the cry baby i have(cheapest one)
the 2 iv been looking at are the slash cry baby and the weeping demon, i have seen a demo of the slash pedal and it sounded good. i dont live close to a shop where i can try these so it`ll probably need to be bought over the net or i`ll have to pay for it before the shop will order it, so i was wondering if any anyone knows anything about these 2 like which is better, they are both similarly priced so thats not a problem
i play or try to play all types of music but mostly gnr and that type of rock. i have a les paul and dsl401 amp if that make any difference
thanks

(@stengah)
Trusted Member

Theres the 535Q dunlop wah pedal, Slash and Zakk wylde signature wahs. One called the Crybaby form Hell wah, and Ibanez makes the one you mentioned as well as an auto wah. The 535q would probably be one of the most versatile, but you would probably have to try them out.

ReplyQuote
(@nirvgas)
Estimable Member

Isn't the 535Q the one with the selector switch on the side?

Life is my friend
Rake it up to take it in
Wrap me in your cinnamon
Especially in Michigan
...well I could be your friend- RHCP

ReplyQuote
(@grant_brown)

well, i use the dunlop crybaby from hell (the expensive one) and i cant recommend it enough - its got an awesome tone, and its got an eq on it aswell, so you can mess with it, and i havent seen such control on the other pedals i have tried. The scoop thing is pretty neat aswell that lets you select where you want the wah to kick in - its hard to describe, but its cool fun.

Id steer clear of the budget one, and get the top one, it used to retail here at £210, but i got mine from the US for £70, and it runs off a standard 9v so theres no issue. Its possibly the best wah ive ever used, and its not limited to only metal wah either. Sounds pretty good clean.

ReplyQuote
(@witchdoctor)
Estimable Member

I like 'em simple, and use the new Dunlop Crybaby Classic- Fasel inductors make all the difference. Very vocal and easily adjusted to get a very pleasant sweep.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

try the bad horsie 2, thats steve vai's pedal, best wah i've tried, and i've tried most of
them 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote