Clear all

Why are posts being moved?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I was just wondering why the posts about "Electro Harmonix pedals" & "Looking for a basic blues pedal" have been moved?

From the description of the "Here to There" forum:
Here is a forum for everything between the guitar (here) and the amp (there). If you want to know about cables, effects pedals, multieffects, noisegates, line drivers, phasers, distortion post your questions in here.

Shouldn't they have been left here?

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Nick has been doing some "rearranging". Here is his post about it. :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi Dan,

Those threads are in both sections, "From here to there" and "Opinions and Polls". I have to say I never understood so well the criteria and it will be better that moderators explain it (if they considered convenient, of course). But I wonder that the threads were originally in the "I'm looking for" section. That section was deleted some days ago and I think the threads were moved to "Opinions and Polls". Nick explains some things in the Guitarnoise Slims Down thread.

Nuno

Edit: It seems one of the moderators was quicker than me.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Yes, I understand about the "slimming down" of the forums. It just seems like we have a forum to discuss effects pedals... why move the discussion of said effects pedals to the "opinions & polls" forum? If we use that thinking, just about everything can be moved to "opinions & polls" and we can delete alot more forums, but then we may want to add sub-forums to make it easier to find things like, I don't know, effects pedals, amplifiers, etc., and then we're right back to where we started. :roll: Just seems alittle silly to me that's all. :wink:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Dan, I completely agree with you :)

For example, it is a personal thing but I don't read the Opinions and Polls in the last two or three months. I wrote some post there and I received bad words... or not too good words I decided I didn't write there any more (in "real opinions" posts, I wrote a couple of songs lists). However, I like to read the comments on new gear and perhaps I could help with my comments and experience with gear to others...

I guess they have some reason for this new arrangement. Although I read Nick is considering reopen the I'm looking for... forum. Meanwhile I'll use the "new posts" option or I'll search if I need some info.

ReplyQuote