10 Users
0 Likes
16.9 K Views
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Elvis Presley and Jim Morrison are alive
Myths:
Elvis didn't die in 1977 but used that as a cover to go into seclusion and get out of the public spotlight. Jim Morrison is alive and someone else's body is in his grave.
Facts:
In spite of extensive and largely irrefutable evidence to the contrary, there are still those who believe that Elvis is alive and is periodically spotted in convenience stores, restaurants and trailer parks all over the world.

Some people still don't believe that Morrison's body is the one buried in his grave in a Paris cemetery. The official cause of Morrison's was listed as a heart attack -- believed by many to have been drug related -- in 1971. One enterprising gentleman has even produced a video (for $24.95 plus shipping) that he claims is Morrison living the life of a cowboy in the Pacific Northwest. People who have seen the video say the man in it bears no resemblance whatsoever to Morrison, and other than the fact that many of his song lyrics had mystical themes, there is no evidence to suggest that his death was faked.

A knock back is the beginning of a comeback!!!

ReplyQuote
(@markthechuck)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Gene Simmons had a tongue transplant from a cow
Myth:
KISS bassist/vocalist Gene Simmons, famous for wagging his considerable tongue as part of his onstage antics, had a cow's tongue surgically attached to his own.
Fact:
Simmons' tongue is abnormally long, and he has learned to use it in ways that draw abnormal attention to it. The fact is that '70s medical technology didn't extend to successfully attaching animal parts to humans, and a cow's tongue looks nothing like Simmons' or any other human's.

A knock back is the beginning of a comeback!!!

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Okay, Mark...here's a myth about GS in Kiss:

He can play guitar. :lol:

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@spiritinthesky)
Eminent Member

Re Clapton being called Slowhand, I read it was because he played so fast?

ReplyQuote
(@werner77)
Eminent Member

heres a few:

Jimi Hendrix's tombstone has a Fender Stratocaster carved on it.

Les Paul had a car accident in 1948 and asked the doctor to set his arm permanently in a guitar-playing position

It is said that Les Paul, soon after prototyping the electric guitar that made him famous, got really drunk one night and made an electric banjo that strangely did not earn him as much recognition as his previous efforts.

www.playguitarmusiclessons.com

ReplyQuote
(@alston)

Keith Richards is an English guitarist, songwriter, singer, producer and founding member of The Rolling Stones. With songwriting partner and Stones lead vocalist Mick Jagger, he has written and recorded hundreds of songs. As a guitarist Richards is mostly known for his innovative rhythm playing. In 2003 Richards ranked 10th on Rolling Stone Magazine's "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time"

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Here's a fact that I came across, whilst trying to find the No 1 when I was born (it was prior to disc charts, when they still used sheet music sales as the basis):

Who, counting weeks in the UK charts, was the most successful singles-chart artist in the 1960's?

It turns out to be Hank Marvin, with a total of 640 weeks.

Here's another weird 1960's fact:

During October 1969 the same record occupied two chart positions! Je t'aime by Jane Birkin and Serge Gainsbourg
on the Fontana label was banned by The BBC. It was withdrawn and re-released on the Major Minor label while
original (Fontana label) copies were still selling in the shops. As a separate release, it had to be logged on the chart.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@redstrat)
Eminent Member

ALVIN FROM ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS AND JANIS JOPLIN HAD A LOVE CHILD

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2