144.4 K Views
(@gabba-gabba-hey)
Reputable Member

Here's an acoustic one; pardon the sloppiness and the bit of hiss:

guess me

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Nice one man. I think we tried to cover that one when it came out. We did a horrible job.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hey, you played it very well I thought. And being that I'm about a half hour from Rockford, Il. I know what it is. 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@gabba-gabba-hey)
Reputable Member

Thanks guys. :D

Hey Dan, did you know that the singer is from Beloit, WI? That must be close to you.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hey Dan, did you know that the singer is from Beloit, WI? That must be close to you.

Yep, I'm 10 miles North of Beloit. The last time I saw the boys was at the Beloit Riverfest 2 years ago. 8)

I'll bail you out on this one if no one else guesses soon.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@gabba-gabba-hey)
Reputable Member

Remember, after the fire, after all the rain ... this band's an inexpensive illusion. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

this band's an inexpensive illusion. :wink:

Hah, I like it! :lol: I have a feeling we're the only one's playing though. :(

ReplyQuote
(@gabba-gabba-hey)
Reputable Member

Well, ain't that a shame.

Oops, wrong album. :lol:

I think Hueseph knows it too, but if you got one ready Dan, you might as well answer and post. Better to keep the game rolling and have some fun. Plus, learning riffs is good practice, even the simple ones.

By the way, I see this is part VII of the game - were the old ones deleted and not archived as closed threads? Also are there rules we're supposed to follow, aside from guessing and posting? I mean, I don't know if we're supposed to be posting oddball stuff intended to stump everyone; I've been intentionally doing more recognizable ones. First post in the thread didn't recap anything from the prior ones ...

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Ok, I'm going to guess "The Flame" by Cheap Trick? 8)

As for the old threads, gone gone, gone. Nick comes in & clears out the game threads just to be mean, I mean, something to do with improving the search feature. :roll: IMO it's the song & album association games that clog up the search.
The only rule is whoever guessed the last song has to post a riff for others to guess. Make it as simple or as hard as you want. If it's a harder riff, try to come up with some clues for the band or the song.

Hey bloos66, are you still playing?

ReplyQuote
(@gabba-gabba-hey)
Reputable Member

Thanks for the info, Dan. Yes, it is Cheap Trick's The Flame. And yeah, where'd Bloos66 go?

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

This one shouldn't be too hard:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=619311&songID=7559015

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

I've got that one I think, Dan:
Midnight Rambler Rolling Stones
:)

Don

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hey boxboy, nice to see you back in the game! :D

And you have guessed correctly, so take it away Don. 8)

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Thanks, Dan. I'm still following the thread. But you guys are coming up with riffs way quicker than I can. I'm probably good for one every 10 days or so.

This is a pretty pokey tempo for the riff. Ironic, given the song title:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=640626

'GTR late April'

:)

Don

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Hmm... I think I know what it is, but I'll wait a bit and give someone else a shot at it 1st.

ReplyQuote
Page 48 / 73