Clear all

Guess that Riff VII

1,081 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
144.4 K Views
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

Been a busy week. I need some diversion tonight...

Summertime Blues - Eddie Cochrane (and a host of others)

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

Take it away, Boogie...
:)

Don

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

Great! I'll have something up tomorrow evening.

I had forgotten that I also have a copy of Summertime Blues by T. Rex.

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

To keep things rollin' along, here's the next riff... I was going for that garage band sound. I think I got it. :D

Boogie's Guess That Riff #31

BTW, This has been covered by any number of bands. Just give me one.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Train Kept A Rollin' - The Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith?

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

Dan, I said just give me one :D

You got it! The version I was going for was closer to The Yardbirds version, but is by The Scotty McKay Quintet. Apparently Jimmie Page played on this version when he was a session player in the 60s. I don't remember where I got but I have this CD with about 20 songs on which Page was a session man.

BTW, when I added my song to my 'guess that riff song list' I noticed someone else had done this a while back. :oops:

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

BTW, when I added my song to my 'guess that riff song list' I noticed someone else had done this a while back. :oops:

Hmm... I wonder who that could have been? :wink:

Ok, on to the next riff: Guess This 34

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

I know this, but I've been playing so much I feel like I ought to let someone else have a chance.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

At least I know it's recognizable!

Man, it's hard to see wearing these dark shades, especially at night, but my brother & me wear them all the time. 8)

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

Man, it's very recognizable! 8)

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

This song was a hit in 1967, then again in 1979. It recently appeared on a 2005 tv show soundtrack from a young comedy duo. Oh yeah, the 1979 hit was also by a comedy duo, but not really - it was their alter ego's. 8)

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

Dan, I finished up the on-line jam last night. I may have time to whip up a riff tonight so I'll make a guess and put you out of your misery :)

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Dan, I finished up the on-line jam last night. I may have time to whip up a riff tonight so I'll make a guess and put you out of your misery :)

Thanks brother! I'll have to listen to our blues jam once you post it. I tried to put alot of soul into my part! 8)

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Oh come on, nobody except Boogie knows this?! :roll: Sam & Dave, Jake & Elwood, Drake & Josh. I'm really surprised smokindog hasn't gotten this one.

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

Soul Man - Sam & Dave or The Blues Brothers

I'm recording my riff right now...

ReplyQuote
Page 7 / 73