1,081 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
144.4 K Views
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

I've got a riff I want to do tomorrow so I'm guessing it is:

Theme song from "Kids in the Hall"

I cheated and looked up the song title and band: "Having an Average Weekend" by Shadowy Men on a Shadowy Planet

ReplyQuote
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

All yours, Boogie. :D

Don

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

I wanted to post this on October 31 (that's Halloween here in the US). I was actually recording this early in the evening on Halloween and then a number of more important family obligations took precendence through Friday. Anyway, here's the riff I was going to post... albeit a bit late.

Boogie's Guess That Riff #33

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

A clue: One of the two songwriters had (has?) a pretty prominent relationship with a supermodel. Hmm... on second thought, maybe that's not too helpful. :)

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

Is another clue in order?

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

Anyone playing?

Oh well... I'll play by myself :)

Uh... let's see... that same band member that dated the supermodel had a drug problem.

How about... that same problem band member was arrested for burglarizing his bandmate's apartment.

Man... this band member is really trouble. The rest of the band might want to liberate themselves from him. :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I don't have a clue Boogie... and I don't know what the song is either! :wink: :lol:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

I thought these guys were reasonably well known, but I guess this is going to be like my 'Kings of Leon' riff a while back :shock: :oops:

Let's see, the band is from the UK and they did only put out two albums. I sprinked a number clues about a particular band member & his problems (drugs; a woman... based on her last name a rolling stone would have gathered none :wink: ). In fact, for a while, his problems were bigger news than his music.

A song name clue: In my mind, it is halloween themed. When I was a kid (I'm 47) I used to watch these scary, old, black & white movies on TV about werewolves, mummys and the like. These shows scared the heck out of me.

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

This is the first riff I can remember... in... well... forever... that no one was able to answer, even from the clues. I'm not sure if I am proud or ashamed of that. 8) :oops: I'm putting us all out of our misery...

Horrorshow - The Libertines

Here's the next riff. Should be a bit more mainstream:

Boogie's Guess That Riff #34

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Boogie, I've never heard of the Libertines, sorry.

I am familiar with your new riff, just have to remember the band & song names. It'll come to me. If anyone else knows it feel free to jump in. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

Dan, no need to be sorry. There are lots of bands out there. We can't know them all. I really like their first album, Up the Bracket, but there second album The Libertines, felt uneven to me, probably due to Pete Doherty's issues.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

How about "Whipping Post" by The Allman Brothers?

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

We are off and running again. You got it Dan.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Ok, this is the opening riff of a song from a band that my 12 year old son really likes. I didn't nail it, but I got pretty close. Should have had my son play it, he plays it better than me. :oops:

Dan

ReplyQuote
(@boogie)
Honorable Member

Well Dan... like you earlier this week, I'm clueless. :D I just dragged my twelve year old son up to my office to take a listen and it does not ring a bell with him. We need some more help & participation from our riffers gang. Where is everyone?

Oh BTW... I'll be at a residential management excellence 'event' this week. That's a fancy way of saying our company is putting us up at an offsite facility for four sixteen to eighteen hour days of training to be gooder manglers :wink:

I'll try to pop in from time to time.

ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 73