Clear all

Sue Me, Sue You Blues.....

37 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
20 K Views
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

My wife points out that every time she hears the opening bars of "Sunshine of Your Love", she thinks she's about to hear "In A Gadda Da Vida" (did I spell that right?) by Iron Butterfly. I point out to her each time that Cream is vastly superior!!!!

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

Here's a hilarious factoid.....

1988, Fantasy Records, after more than a decade of rancorous relations with John Fogerty, launches a suit claiming he plagiarized his own song, "Run Through the Jungle," during the composition of "The Old Man Down the Road" ... it will be 1995 before it is finally decided that Fantasy is tripping...
:shock:

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@the-slithy-tove)

Pearl Jam's Given to Fly = Led Zeppelin's Going to California

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

TF....go back to page 1, post #4 on this thread.....

You miss that one?

:D :D :D

Vic

Good job Chuck Berry never got sued for plagiarising hisself....he'd owe himself a LOT of money by now....

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

remind me to mention Foreigner tomorrow....tired, need bed....

That'll be twice this week I've got some sleep....

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

TF....go back to page 1, post #4 on this thread.....

You miss that one?

Vic

Good job Chuck Berry never got sued for plagiarising hisself....he'd owe himself a LOT of money by now....

Yep, I missed that one :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Not visited this one for a while - but I was chatting with Rodders about Big Country, and asked him if he knew where they'd pinched the solo from "Fields of Fire" from - ever heard the theme music from the 1960 film, the Guns of Navarone? or for that matter, The Skatalite's "Guns of Navarone" from about 1964? I have, and I have a loooooooooooooooooooong memory when it comes to music.......check it out, see if I'm right!

Vic

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3