Clear all

The pocket sized guitar

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I picked up the new Gameboy Ds game Jam Sessions, yesterday and it is the best game i have ever played. This game is a guitar simulator, you actually play real chords and use the stylus to strum on the touch screen. This game is nothing like Guitar Hero, you actually are playing the real chords.

Heres an overview:
You select up to 16 chords to use at a time(out of about 100 different chords), and select them by holding down the corresponding position on the directional pad(up,down, left, right and in btwn.) You use the L button to switch between your two chords sets of 8 chords each.

While holding down a chord, you use the stylus to strum on the touch screen, the harder you strum, the louder it is and vice versa.

You can add effects like distortion, flanger and chorus aswell.

The game has built in songs that you can play or play any song you know on a real guitar, or write your own song.

You can record about 3 minutes of your song and save it, it's nice if you come up with something and don't want to forget it.

If you have a gameboy, you should definately get Jam Sessions, you will love it.

Here's me showing how the game works:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=20Y3mG6C0-w

Offical game site
http://www.myspace.com/jamsessions

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.

(@triple_c)
Trusted Member

I am going to have to agree.
It rocks.

Pretty interesting little device. Could have added more to it. But hopefully there'll be more in the sequel.

I do feel pretty guilty while I play it. I should be playing it on a real instrument.

Triple_C

ReplyQuote
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

If i play jam sessions, i then go play real guitar(almost like a warmup). That way they balance eachother out and i can also use the game to figure out cool chord progressions.

This game is gonna be my life saver on long trips without a real guitar.

Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.

ReplyQuote
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I guess triple c and i are the only ones who have the game.

ReplyQuote
(@sgincyqx)
Honorable Member

Guess so. But I want it :D

Ewan McGregor: I said, "Eve, I want you to look after my wedding ring while I'm away," and she started to cry and I said, "Eve. Eve, I can't wear my ring or I won't get laid on the trip!"

ReplyQuote
(@triple_c)
Trusted Member

It's definately good. But i'd like some direction in it. The songs on the game aren't all that great, and there are only so many tunes you can record. But good none the less.

Triple_C

ReplyQuote