Clear all

You *know* you're a guitarist when...

231 Posts
108 Users
0 Likes
105.6 K Views
(@iliketheguitar)
Estimable Member

When you finish reading all 14 pages of the 'You know your a guitarist when' topic

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

When you finish reading all 14 pages of the 'You know your a guitarist when' topic

And then go back and re-read them in case there's something you missed.......

OR - when you get Rodder's chord right on "Spot the chord"......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

When your pregnant wife asks you about possible names for the baby you instantly think :' Dorian' , 'Lydian' ..or why not 'Joseph Aeolian'??

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

When your pregnant wife asks you about possible names for the baby you instantly think :' Dorian' , 'Lydian' ..or why not 'Joseph Aeolian'??

My three daughters are called Cheryl (the wife picked that one, but I could live with it as it was close to "Sherry" as in the Springsteen song "Sherry Darling") Debbie (after the T Rex song, Deborah) and Kayleigh (after the Marillion song.)

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

...so you know you're a guitarist Vic !!! :)))

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Yes Vic, you get my vote too! You are definitely a music nut. My wife named our three - she didn't trust me!

ReplyQuote
(@jmb-d)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Back before we had kids (but were trying to), my wife and I batted around names. At one point, I got her to agree to "Robert Palmer" for our first-born boy, as Robert was my dad's first name and Palmer is her dad's middle name. I had these visions of his first day of school, dressed in a double-breasted suit, hair slicked back, flanked by girls with swept-back hair and identical dresses...

Alas, it was not meant to be.

When we finally got pregnant with our (boy/girl) twins though, that particular name choice got shot down.

In walking, just walk. In sitting, just sit. Above all, don't wobble.
-- Yun-Men

ReplyQuote
(@shadyharrison)
Reputable Member

You know you're a guitarist when you finish reading all fourteen pages of this topic to date, and then run to get your own guitar to beat out some tunes. :D

Take care,

Casey

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

You know you're a guitarist when you're drinking with your old pals from high school , telling all your problems, and then you confess : 'y'know? I suffer from gas' , and your friends say:'geez you should avoid heavy food'..and you instantly reply: No,moron..GAS ! Gear Acquisition Syndrome!!!

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

You've spent your last coupla bucks on the Blues You Can Use book at the local GS store and then have to call your wife to pick you up cuz you just ran out of gas and don't have any money.

(yes..true story. Man was she pissed)

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@rgalvez)
Prominent Member

You have to check all your aprox 1,500 CD collection at 2 am because you 've lost your 'Blues You Can Use' accompanyng CD, and of course you cannot sleep!.
(another true story!).

ReplyQuote
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

You know you're a guitarist when the guitar player in the band hands you the guitar during the song that you went up to "sit-in" on as the lead singer .

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
(@davebf)
Trusted Member

when you bring you're acoustic on the 20 minute drive to your soccer game because you just can't quit.

ReplyQuote
(@embrace_the_darkness)
Honorable Member

You know you're a guitarist when....

You phone in sick to work just because you had a dream the night before that you were playing really well and now can't concentrate on anything else besides playing.

ETD - Formerly "10141748 - Reincarnate"

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

3 year post... sweet.

When your neighbors 7 houses down the street (who you've never spoken to) ask why you stopped playing for a week (just happened the other day).

When your next door neighbor tells you that you've been getting better (also happened, a few weeks ago tho).

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
Page 14 / 16