Clear all

You *know* you're a guitarist when...

231 Posts
108 Users
0 Likes
105.6 K Views
(@saryu)
Trusted Member

- You are playing in the stairwell of an apartment block and somebody opens their door and tells you that they thought it was a CD playing (I did that once, except I was the guy telling, not the guy playing)

- You buy a ukulele just so that you have something like a guitar to play in those situations in which a guitar is too big to carry around (eg the train to work)

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

When you fret(pun intended) over your 100$ Epi when your friends play it. :roll:

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

When your right and left fingertips are "steeple"ing, as your right hand is feeling your callouses on your left hand.
And others think your body language is some sort of arrogance, self-satisfaction. or superiority complex.

Rider

"Colour made the grass less green..." 3000 miles, Tracy Chapman

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

- You are playing in the stairwell of an apartment block and somebody opens their door and tells you that they thought it was a CD playing (I did that once, except I was the guy telling, not the guy playing)

- You buy a ukulele just so that you have something like a guitar to play in those situations in which a guitar is too big to carry around (eg the train to work)

Do they actually have cars (on the train) where they would allow such guitarnoises?

Yeah!

Oh yeah, ukelelenoise. :?

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

when you are in a bad bike accident with no flesh on one arm and your lower leg is a bloody mess and might be broken and first thing you do is check that all your fingers are fine and you think, "phew, I'm okay"

ReplyQuote
(@mac-manc-mcmanx)
Estimable Member

when you are in a bad bike accident with no flesh on one arm and your lower leg is a bloody mess and might be broken and first thing you do is check that all your fingers are fine and you think, "phew, I'm okay"
Christ :lol:

When you wanna rock hard children, lean on F sharp

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

when you learn that to be a guitarist one must find the optimism in all situations, grasshopper... :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

two days of not being able to walk lets you practice a lot of guitar....

ReplyQuote
(@ghost-rider)
Reputable Member

(Hope, everything is Ok, Nick)

....when looking at your forest of guitars, the choice of which one to play at any one time, is an exercise in Decision-Making.

Ghost 8)

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

so, this actually happened then?
sorry if i missed this in another thread.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

...the main worry in your Last Will & Testament is "who gets yer axes"! :lol:

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

ReplyQuote
(@notes_norton)
Noble Member

I didn't read all 15 pages of posts, so this might be a repeat, please forgive me if it is.

You know you are a guitar player when watching a movie and you are seeing a scantily clad member of the opposite sex and a guitar player, and the camera zooms into the erotic zones of the opposite sex member and you shout, "No, no, I want to see what the guitar player is doing!!!"

Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com Add-on Styles for Band-in-a-Box and Microsoft SongSmith

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

You know you are a guitar player when watching a movie and you are seeing a scantily clad member of the opposite sex and a guitar player, and the camera zooms into the erotic zones of the opposite sex member and you shout, "No, no, I want to see what the guitar player is doing!!!"

Notes

Now thats a REAL guitar player! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@cameronkl7)

when your wife says play me or trade me

Cam

ReplyQuote
(@ohblahitsme)
Eminent Member

When you try to add vibrato when playing the piano. Or when playing guitar hero. And while you play guitar hero, you complain about the les paul with the tremolo system on it. :evil: Pisses me off.

ReplyQuote
Page 15 / 16