Clear all

You *know* you're a guitarist when...

231 Posts
108 Users
0 Likes
105.6 K Views
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

When your dogs would rather sit at your feet and listen to you playing guitar rather than sit downstairs with the wife and put up with Coronation Street/Eastenders/Emmerdale/The Bill (insert crappy soap of your choice here)

When your 17-year-old daughter asks you to work out the chords to "That thing you do" by the Wonders.......not "Can you" but "will you"......

When the Mrs says she likes you playing "3 steps to heaven" better than the original.......

When the people across the back from you are having a BBQ and playing very loud, very crappy music ........you take the amp and guitar outside, turn everything up to 10 and hit the riff from Paranoid......and a head pops up over the fence and says, "Hey I can play guitar a bit, wanna come round and jam"........that happened to me yesterday.........

Hey I think I'm a guitarist!!!!

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@fretzky)
Eminent Member

When the second bedroom is for the guitars, and guests can sleep on the couch...

Fretzky
[/img]

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Although I still think I'm only a so-so player, three times in the past week, while I've been playing guitar outside on my lunch break, people have walked up to me and asked "Where is your next gig? I'd like to come see you play"

How about when you travel six hours by train, or two by plane, or four by car to jam with friends?

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

You know you're a guitarist when you have to take your guitar to work and play it outside in your lunch break.........

Rock on, Nick!

:D

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

You always take a guitar if you think youll be gone for more than 1 day.

You want to play it always.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@idiot85204)
Trusted Member

....instead of falling asleep in class, you smile and nod while humming songs in your head and think about fingerings

ReplyQuote
(@fretzky)
Eminent Member

You know you're a guitarist when you have to take your guitar to work and play it outside in your lunch break.........

Rock on, Nick!

And If I may add, you forego eating on your lunch hour, or alternatively, only eat non finger foods like yogurt, so that your hands stay nice and clean........ :)

Fretzky

ReplyQuote
(@purple)
Reputable Member

Rock on, Nick!
I second that.

.. when the last nightmare you had was you snapping the B string on your acoustic with out having any replacements. - It probably isn't that great of an addition but I actually just had this dream.

It's not easy being green.... good thing I'm purple.

ReplyQuote
(@mikeo)
Trusted Member

Just today I was out working on some tab in 95 degree heat index.

Worth it? Yesss!

"Da*n your bolt-brained bearings!" Rod Gallowglass to his faithful, epileptic robot, Fess.

"As you wander through life, wherever you go, keep your eye on the donut and not on the hole." -- Paul Osteen (brother of Joel Osteen)

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

You read books on theory hidden inside of the math textbook.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I am definitely ahead of the game on this one, I work from home so lunch-break is when I want it to be and for however long I want it to be.....and there's always a guitar handy.........

:D :D :D

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

No, no - you secretly read theory books hidden inside the covers of Playboy.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

No, no - you secretly read theory books hidden inside the covers of Playboy.

HAHA! So true... I mean uhh... Shame on you. :oops: :lol:

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

When someone says "Smoke?" and instead of taking a cigarette you hum E/G/A E/G/Bb/A...........

ReplyQuote
(@mikeo)
Trusted Member

When you realize the difference between your wife and your guitar is one doesn't complain about being picked on. :lol:

"Da*n your bolt-brained bearings!" Rod Gallowglass to his faithful, epileptic robot, Fess.

"As you wander through life, wherever you go, keep your eye on the donut and not on the hole." -- Paul Osteen (brother of Joel Osteen)

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 16