Clear all

You *know* you're a guitarist when...

231 Posts
108 Users
0 Likes
105.6 K Views
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

I guess I'm reminded how much I play whenever my fingertips hit something glass and they clink. It sounds like they're metal.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

When you spend 3 hours changing the strings on your guitars and think "ah, that was worth it!!!"

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 hh83
(@hh83)
Trusted Member

how about when you have 3feet of paper with music on them lying spread out around a fairly sized area in a seemingly random gush-of-wind pattern, which to everyone but your self, seems to be frustrating for some reason.

(hey, ive got a system, okay?)

Never call a shovel "an ingenious hole-digging instrument"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

When your grand-daughter asks you can you play "Annie's Theme" cos she has the music for flute and you'd rather cut your own right arm off at the elbow with a rusty penknife than play that bloody dirge........but you look up the tab, transpose it to the key she's playing in and play it anyway....A) cause you love her and B) because you're a guitarist!!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@rodders)
Noble Member

When your wallet is empty

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

ReplyQuote
(@twistedfingers)
Honorable Member

When you are on vacation without your guitar and you make your friends take you to a music shop so you can "look" around a bit. :D

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming -- "WOW--What a Ride!"

ReplyQuote
(@joe-momma)
Trusted Member

When you take your guiart on a road trip instead of you girl

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

When your significant other is looking through furniture catalogues and you can't tear your self away from guitar catalogues and you end up with a beige 3-piece suite, blue walls and a dark green carpet.......and there's no money left for even a new set of strings because she took "Yes Dear" as a "yes" instead of a "Don't bother me now, I'm drooling over (Insert guitar of choice here)"

:( :( :(

Not this time though.......!!!!

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

When youre willing to spend hours and hours to get a guitar to play perfectly even though its not your guitar (im doing that right now).

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

When you go out shopping for a brand new, gorgeous dress with matching shoes and purse, and you come home with a second hand resonater guitar..........

(Sure is pretty, though! :D And, I'll just wear my blue jeans!)

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

When your home page is "Guitarnoise"..........

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

When your home page is "Guitarnoise"..........

:lol: Yep!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@mattguitar_1567859575)
Noble Member

you spend more time looking up tab for songs you can actually play, than working... :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

When you've strung some chords together of a song from your teenage years with a half decent strum pattern and your teenage son leaves his playstation, opens the door and says what was that Dad it sounded like music.

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

You know you're a female fingerpicker when you break a fingernail and your first thought is "Dammit, lost a pick!"

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 16