Skip to content
Idea for Guitar tab...

Notifications
Clear all

Idea for Guitar tabs so they include beats!

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@hoogomoogo)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

:idea: This is just a random thuoght and belive me I am just writing down what came randomly into my head. What if, in normal tabs, there were the 6 lines that are the strings, and the different #'s that signify which fret. simple. Now, lets add symbols (maybe lines or some other symbol) that signify a specific # of beats after a specific note. the great part about this would be that every note could have its own unique time, because the timing symbols would be right beside the #'s (for the fret). this way, the difficulty of reading those little white and black dots jumping over the fence ( :note1: , :note2: ) would be eliminated. it would be much more simpl in my opinion atm. Now I bet there are more than a few holes in this idea, but im just throwing it out there. :idea:

Hoogo

I sorta Play the Guitar.......Only sorta tho. *shifty eyes*

Now working on: That Dang F-Chord, Barre chords, strumming faster, And the Prelims of Finger picking.

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

It's been done. There are many systems of tab, none standard.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 Noff
(@noff)
Estimable Member

Definitely not a bad idea, and I've seen stuff like that in use, but the problem isn't that there are no existing systems to add rhythm to tabs, it's that most people don't take the time to add them. I think most people that are that committed or think it's needed will make a powertab or equivalent instead.

ReplyQuote