Clear all

Stuck on Quiz

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@alex_)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I dont understand what is being asked on questions 8 and 9.. here..

http://cctr.umkc.edu/user/bauera/mt1.html

im not looking for answers here, just explainations to what is being asked (please can it be explained in more simple terms than it is asked, and not something twice as hard as that)

- Thanx.

(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

In the first part of #8, you're looking for the interval you'd move to (i.e., you'd move from an augmented fourth to what interval?), assuming you keep the lower voice the same.  

In the second part of #8, you're labeling the chords with roman numerals, identifying the inversions (most likely with figured bass), and labeling the errors.

In #9, you don't have a lot to go on -- the person making the test was far too lazy, and leaves the questions ambiguous.  However, you should be able to get at least half of them if you narrow things down.  You should know which notes you avoid doubling, where 7ths should move, and what tone is virtually always raised in minor harmony.  For the others, remember there are only two things you can do with a voice when changing to a new chord (move it or keep it the same); from there it's a matter of degree.

That's as close as I can get without giving the answers.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I believe Q9 is referring back to the rhyme at the top of the page.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote