Notifications
Clear all

Brahms' Lullaby

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Dave,

First, thank you so much for this arrangement. I deeply appreciate it. I am already playing parts of it to my three month old sat on the floor whilst she plays! She is my first fan!

I have been over two nights now practising and have got to measure eight. Upon looking forward to tomorrow night's next segment, I foresee Trouble!  :)

Measure eleven has the most finger unfriendly chord I have ever seen! Please give me an idea how to finger this bit!

Because you have taken the time to add the notes above the tab, I shall learn this by tab first, then later play the piece referring to the sheet music instead as practice.

BTW I still love and am proud of your version of Silent Night!

Jeremy Stocks, Munich, Bavaria, Germany.

(@Anonymous)

Oops!

I was so deep fingering away on the main tab that I didn't read the theoretical stuf in th article. I was saving that for later then I just found the info I needed about the D9 chord in measure 11!

Last night I figured out my own way of fingering the chord, based upon what you had told us about chord fingering not being written in stone but depending on where the chord comes from and where it is going to.

Guitar is fascinating!

Jeremy.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Hi Dave!

Liked the Playboy reference! Nope in my case I do normally read your lessons in detail. I used to carry old printouts of yours on the Munich U Bahn commute every day! Now I am in the car so this is the only reason I cannot read on the way to work!

I just this time was so keen to play the piece that I oversaw the text! Honest!!!! :)

New idea came up. I bought a digital video camera Christmas and am busy recording my daughter's milestones. Maybe we can one day show these as AVI files when it comes to fingering chords??

Jeremy (tired but still fitting in 30 mins practice a day!)

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Hi,  I've started to do well with the playing of this lesson after a few days;  it's certainly a beautiful song.  I'm going to study the theory behind chord progressions now, thanks much  :)

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Hi there,  I've been through all the material in this lesson and the previous companion to this lesson ( using Twinkle, Twinkle..) on approaches to writing accompaniments and I'm now goin to have a go at writing one to El Condor Pasa, which I've got a simple melody score for and the chord accompaniment written above it - I hope it will be fun!   :)

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Hi there,  I've been through all the material in this lesson and the previous companion to this lesson ( using Twinkle, Twinkle..) on approaches to writing accompaniments and I'm now goin to have a go at writing one to El Condor Pasa, which I've got a simple melody score for and the chord accompaniment written above it - I hope it will be fun!   :)

Great idea.  

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Please share your El Condor Pasa withus when it is finished!

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

Yes, I'll do that, thanks -  so far I've managed only to put a full chord on the minim notes - and then found I had to re go over all the theory, the semi breve sections are a bit difficult - I'm going to also read Graham Merry/Greybeard's article on his work with Auld Lang Syne, sounds very interesting!

Please share anything you come up with  :)

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Dave:

I absolutely love this style of guitar. BeforeI have the confidence to make up my own chord melodies I'd like to learn a selection of tunes from books. Do you know of any nice books which I might buy that contain simple chord melody arrangements?

Jeremy.

ReplyQuote
(@violet-s)
Reputable Member

I've just put the thirds below the melody notes on most notes with the full chord at the end of each phrase(in El Condor Pasa), it sounds ok and is good pratice for the finger picking.

Still pratising the Brahm's Lullaby, and regoing over the theory and on to Greybeards' article, bout of flu slowing me up a bit  :)

ReplyQuote